Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:35 am 

Another airgun oddity joins the menagerie courtesy of a fellow forum member, it's complete apart from the front sight block that retains the barrel and the magazine tube:

Stock:

Action assembled:

Action disassembled:

Action front showing the spring loaded detent that stops the BBs rolling out of the barrel

Action showing the sear engaged in the hammer groove:

Muzzle showing the rifled 4.5mm barrel, presumably this was intended for lead BBs

Rear sight:

Magazine tube lock, it appears the tube needs to be removed for loading:

Magazine follower:

Safety in the stock:

Here is a cutaway of an example found online that shows the inner workings:

It's a conventional hammer valve however the trigger is a double action that cocks then releases the bolt.
There is no bolt that seals the action, it's just the next BB in line that more or less blocks the breech.
The hammer spring tension can be adjusted by rotating the rear cap on the action, there is one white and one red mark.
If I understood correctly, the white mark is for filling because otherwise the hammer would keep the valve open.

I'm working on a barrel clamp:

Set screw keeping it in place, note the fill nipple to run it as a pneumatic:

Hole to lock in the magazine tube:

Need to remove a bit more material and add a front sight bead.

With 2000 psi of air it shoots steel BBs at a maximum of 860 fps, I have some tuning to do and will probably make a new stem.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:07 am 

PCP high power BB rifle?!

It's interesting!

And I concern about the accuracy of the 900fps BBs.... Protection glasses, helmet, and more personal protection equipment to shoot this indoor... [emoji38]b

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:16 pm 

A very interesting rifle!
Can you explain me how the magazine is sealed when firing? Or does pressure escape through the magazine with each shot?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:43 pm 

Interesting indeed. The only suggestion I can offer is to pursue the restro-modding with the original intent in mind: lead pellets. There aren't a lot of brands left on the market today (Gamo and who else?); Grab what you can and do some pre-testing.