Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:52 pm 

Well ~ my nice new scope from Wes just been delivered in the afternoon! Can't wait to mount it on my Black Eagle and took lots of shots (from the gun and my cellphone) in the afternoon and after dinner...

Too lazy to write multiple post, so this one contains pictures (of course ), a little review on the scope, and a little new updates on my Black Eagle... This makes the post might be also better to put to General discussion or review section... However I like the Gallery section more and love to see more great pictures of our members' guns, I finally post it here...

The scope is a over-killed 4x-16x(!!) power, 42mm AO scope. No other fancy functions like side focus, FFP, 44mm up lens or 30mm tube etc... I want to try those things too, but l also believe simple will be the best... And just because the hot 3x-12x power scope just sold out then I picked this 4x-16x one.

The scope is same VT1 series like my last one. But it's a Pro grade. Which gives me a one click 1/10 Mil turret (adjustable range 16 Mil) and nicer built quality. I love the small window which shows the current magnificent rate so much! And the scope rings and turrets all turns smoothly, nice lens lead to clear and bright pictures!

Scope is very easy to be zeroed. And so far keeps the zero very well.

In order to avoid the stock sights darken the picture, I asked for a set of middle height profile rings. And the long and slim BE finally lets me able to install the shade! It just looks great and can't be too sweet!

And I found out the BE uses the scope mount stopper plate instead of a set-pin hole on the dove tail... You don't need to remove that plate to show and use the treaded hole (actually it's too small for the scope ring set pin) but have to put the rear scope ring in front of that plate... Maybe you will need a longer eye relief range scope for this design... I installed the scope all the way to the butt and it just feeling okay...

With the scope, I put my BE into a new round of pellet choosing game and grouping test... The new pellet winner is the JSB RS. Don't know why, with / without scope, the gun looks shoots completely different...

And the BE is looks sensitive, adding more than a lb of weight, it feels completely different in the hand too, maybe that makes some changes.....

And I met the same issue again about the POI changes when using a scope... You don't change your position, but just point your gun to aim different target (on left or right about just 2 inches away from the bullseye you zeroed your gun), the POI just away from where you aimed and the groups also enlarged... When you aiming back on the bullseye, the rifle actually able to group as about 1/4 inch, almost just printing one hole on the target.

Compare to my HW30 and 35, the BE is not as smooth and as consistent, plus using a higher mounted (mid profile rings) scope, I am sure I need much more time to tame the Eagle ...

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

Last edited by YepYep on Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:22 pm 

Looks good on there! I like that rifle stock, looks good with the scope =)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:15 pm 

I own several Norica rifles, and the out of the box smoothness in cocking does not compare to an HW. Years ago I made the tool necessary to disassemble them, and that has allowed me to lube-tune the rifles for a much smoother operation. Otherwise, they're fine shooters. As you know, I replaced the problematic muzzle break with a long steel one. RC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:02 pm 

I think that scope looks great on that gun.....the scope on my venom is a 3-9x40 AO but I want to go up to something like yours for 60+ yards....shooting small soup cans....I like to zero right in on the dime sized marker in the middle of the can so a 4-16 scope would be great....thats a nice setup you have.. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:48 pm 

This VT-1 Pro @ 16x power and 42mm size lens really gives you better and larger images ~ However never use it to shoot targets beyond 9 meters ~

Oh forget to mention, although on spec is focus as close as 15 yards, it do very well and give me clear pictures starting on just 7, 8 meters distance!

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:33 pm 

YepYep - you have a good looking rifle there for sure. I like what RC1947 did with the open sights, i.e. got rid of them. RC did you carbine the barrel? It looks shorter than YepTYep's barrel.

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:36 pm 

Yep ~ we talked about that ~ actually the factory muzzle brake just attached about 1/2 inch on the muzzle and the remained 5 more inches are all the polymer brake, and the barrel is not that long ~

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:59 pm 

Oh boy that's a nice looking scope you have!!! :wink:
:D

Grizzly Predator Pellet Rifle - .22
Ruger Explorer Pellet Rifle - .177
B3-3 Pellet Rifle - .22. Retired

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:47 pm 

Thanks ~ it's my second Discovery scope from Wes.

Since I put it on, I think about 2 hundred something pellets I shot, so far it's still running flawlessly ~

And you can find a short review about my first Discovery scope, a VT-1 3x to 9x @40mm AO here:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:53 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
YepYep - you have a good looking rifle there for sure. I like what RC1947 did with the open sights, i.e. got rid of them. RC did you carbine the barrel? It looks shorter than YepTYep's barrel.
Checked some YouTube videos today and found out the Norica really making different versions Canada and the US. And I know the true difference between RC's BE and mine...

And why RC couldn't help removing his original factory muzzle brake as his is really a silencer, bulky and causing problems to him...

And mine is just a slim polymer replacement.

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender