Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:20 am 

Hello. I’m looking for a place to get a upgraded spring for my quest 100. Had two factory springs break. What’s a upgrade spring power wise? Or strongest nitro piston? Also looking for trigger upgrade and a place to by brass barrel bushings? Any help would be appreciated

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:48 am 

If you have problems with springs breaking . I would suggest you have something seriously wrong with that rifle . Either it’s dieseling real bad or your piston seal is leaking air past it . For parts “upgrading a spring “ I would get in touch with Aireifleheadquarters. They have both springs and piston seals . For factory replacement parts , scopes and ammo or possibly canadashootingsupply.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:05 pm 

Thank you for that info. Both springs have broke past 3000 shots.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:29 pm 

You can tune the to gun and use heavier pellets like 10.34 JSB and 10.5 H&N Baracuda. Both of which make for a softer shot cycle.
You can also buy a better quality spring like Vortek. They only make one drop-in spring I know of which is #730120. This is what I tried first and it was short. I tried it as-is and lost mass power, then shimmed it and gained msot back but still too low for me. Great if you don't need full power tho. Or you can get # 780125 cut to max length, but it's loose on the guide. You can improvise or do what I did which is squeeze the guide squarish until it fits well.
Imo a big bennie in tuning to minimize spring stress is to sand the seal in order to bump compression ratio, but also focus on breech leakage which likely also involves sanding. Then the heavier pellets help minimize piston impact as well. To greatly dampen spring vibration you can make a piston liner of plastic. The liner, if done right, eliminates spring noise and smooths cocking and shot cycle that you'd think it's a nitro/gas spirng gun. Optionally you can put a gas spring in it which is pretty easy. You have several gas springs to choose from, which are the oem Crosman spring starting w/ # BT9 which is stronger than the coil, and imo stronger than needed. Or the NP2 spring which is even stronger, or the super spring NPSS/RNP spring which I heard they don't make anymore? The BT9 spring should be ~$52CA, the NP2 should me ~$16. I believe the Vortek coil will be the most reliable, and imo last for life. The NP2 spring, like all gas springs, will leak but the question is how long will it last before it's obvious? They seem to hold up well based on the % of complaints the past 5yrs. The BT9 spring is imo the worst leaker ever, and considering the $, I'd pass. Oem Crosman parts you can get from The Gravel Agency. Parts lists; http://tinyurl.com/Crosman-Parts
If you want my guide which explains all the above; chevota at hotmail.