Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 am 

Hey guys~I'll be looking for a used 34 in .22 soon myself...I hope :) ...but for now, wondering if any of you know where I might be able to find one of these? Have an issue with scope rings sliding, the 34 has allot more oomph than my 24 for some reason. lol I've seen a few places that still list them (under/around $15) but everyone seems to be sold out.

This is the style I think I'd like to get, but open to alternate, 1-pc. ideas;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UTG-Scope-Moun ... B0019M8LIG

Thanks for taking a moment to reply!

Feel free to message me directly too (I think that's allowed?) hipwader@sympatico.ca

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:22 am 

Diana makes two different style one piece mounts. The zero recoil and the lock down mount, both are expensive but made for Diana rifles.

Lock down with droop compensation
https://www.amazon.ca/RWS-Lock-Down-Sco ... B0028M0YTU

Zero recoil
https://www.herooutdoors.com/diana-one- ... w-version/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:32 am 

Thanks Skanzy, both are great options...the former I've seen as aftermarket/no name jobs. Hoping someone will have a lead on the UTG/Leapers...or something less expensive. Shopping for a new air rifle (half-heartedly) so hoping to keep the $ down.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:44 am 

I found these in my parts bin. I could sell you one for cheap. one is high mount(22mm) the other is a medium mount (15mm) They both have a stop pin on the bottom. They are standard size (100mm) so they will not be as long as your D34 scope rail but they will fit.

Attachments:
CIMG1369.JPG
CIMG1369.JPG [ 203.04 KiB | Viewed 253 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:26 am 

There's a Diana lock down mount on the forum store:
https://www.airgunforum.ca/store/produc ... cts_id=212

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:35 am 

Never had an issue with mounts sliding on Airhawk (D34) or D350. I just use the cheapest and tighten down well.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:41 am 

PGAir wrote:
There's a Diana lock down mount on the forum store:
https://www.airgunforum.ca/store/produc ... cts_id=212

I bought one of these mounts and it does not fit on a Diana scope rail. The length is the same but the stop pin does not align with the hole on the Diana scope rails... I can sell it to you if you want for cheaper than the forum store but like I said the stop pin will not line up on the scope rail. I still have it in the packaging.

Last edited by Skanzy on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:54 am 

you can see in the picture that the stop pin will not line up with the hole on the rail.

Attachments:
CIMG1371.JPG
CIMG1371.JPG [ 321.97 KiB | Viewed 229 times ]
CIMG1370.JPG
CIMG1370.JPG [ 284.51 KiB | Viewed 229 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:05 pm 

Skanzy wrote:
I bought one of these mounts and it does not fit on a Diana scope rail. The length is the same but the stop pin does not align with the hole on the Diana scope rails... I can sell it to you if you want for cheaper than the forum store but like I said the stop pin will not line up on the scope rail. I still have it in the packaging.

This is good to know, thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:45 pm 

I prefer to use the cheap mounts like those others posted pix of, which are about $12-15US, but w/o the stop pin. The pin, if needed, will just tear up the hole in the rail and you can see this in a LOT of Diana guns. The trick is to not need the pin. Tuning the gun helps reduce the violent piston impact, as does using heavier pellets. I think 14.3 is about the only pellet that gun should use, but at least don't deep seat the pellets which is harder on the scope.
Those cheap UTG/accushot mounts below are stronger than most so they should hold w/o the pin, but if you really need you can get the one-piece version and add two more screws making it a 5-screw clamp, which I do for this exact reason. They're made in china so the threads on the screws are nasty. Clean them up to get better torque and to prevent the screws from destroying the female threads. I use a wire wheel to do that. I suggest lube too, like moly paste or bearing grease. I think thin oils like WD40 etc are a bad idea, but better than nothing at all.
If you come across older mounts, or mounts that look the same but using a different name, they may have 4mm rail clamp screws. If so I'd drill/tap for 5mm.
http://tinyurl.com/24rstho
http://tinyurl.com/pa6u23l
As for scope angle, I always shim the scope at the rear mount. You can buy mounts or whatever with angle built in, but you'll pay $$ for it and it'll no doubt be taller than ideal.