Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Best blowback pistol
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:43 am 

Whats some of the best longest lasting blowback bb pistols that you ca get in canada?

Post subject: Re: Best blowback pistol
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:10 am 

I like my SIG X-FIVE OPEN most~

However I don't shoot my BB replicas often and they are mostly only for connection, I am not sure how durable it would be...

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:01 pm 

So nobody really uses them,have the umarex beretta 92 al basically wondering what the bb lifespan is.But would like to get the best long life blowback.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:37 pm 

With good care and lubing of the moving parts without over doing it, they will last. Ok I don't shoot every weekend and no shooting during winter. They should last a long time. 9XP is desapointing, but the rest of the BB bunch is ok, it's just a question of personal taste... 8)

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:14 pm 

So no real winner,just want to get something that has a longlife.What read all of them failing soon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:34 pm 

a lot of people used to always mention the tanfoglio witness as being a good one. I don,t have it but I do have the blackwater which is pretty much the same. and I like it quite a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:03 pm 

The KWC-made 1911s are absolute tanks. I have both a Tanfoglio Witness 1911 and a Blackwater 1911, and over the past five or so years that I have owned them I've put around 2000 BBs through each. Not a single issue with either of them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:07 pm 

X2! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:15 pm 

Canadian Plinker wrote:
The KWC-made 1911s are absolute tanks. I have both a Tanfoglio Witness 1911 and a Blackwater 1911, and over the past five or so years that I have owned them I've put around 2000 BBs through each. Not a single issue with either of them.

I have the Tanfoglio Witness 1911 too... Although I don't shoot my bb guns too much, the witeness should be the one I shoot most out of my other bb guns as it's my second airgun and I have owned it for longest time... So far so good for about 3 years, never have an issue except the well known 'don't fully load the mag to its maximum capacity otherwise it will jam' problem.... And I like the 1911 blowback very much as it sounds super solid and strong!

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:40 pm 

They're pretty well made. For the price, get the one you like the most.
Get one that can field strip like the firearm they copy, the quality is better, more metal parts, more attention to details.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:45 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
They're pretty well made. For the price, get the one you like the most.
Get one that can field strip like the firearm they copy, the quality is better, more metal parts, more attention to details.
Yep! Agreed~ Doc just tells the truth!

~Target~

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:34 pm 

I concur with the prior posts endorsing the 1911 replica blow-back BB pistols. There are a number of different versions of the airgun. I think they are all made by KWC. The Tanfoglio Witness 1911 is probably the most available version, but are a number of different types on the market.

I have two of the Umarex Colt 1911 Combat Vet. They are a limited edition version of this gun. I love the weathering and the Colt markings.

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/umarex-co ... air-pistol

I have had them for a couple of years & use them regularly (3-4x per month). They work well. They are built very sturdy. They come with a full sized drop out magazine. They are very accurate on my 22 ft. indoor range. I normally get around 3-4, 18 shot magazines on one CO2.

Most people think it is the real firearm, when they pick it up. The ability to field strip them, makes clearing a jammed BB simple. But normally only get a jammed BB if someone (usually someone who is shooting with me) cocks the slide when there is already a BB in the chamber.

I agree with YepYep, don't over fill magazine, as it will cause the BB follower & spring to not push BB into the chamber properly & may cause a jam.

Only problem I have had is with the 27 shot extended magazine. It sometimes does not function properly. But the 18 shot mag. works well, so long as you don't over fill it.

I have a couple of spare mags. as they are cheap to get. So it may be extending the life of these airguns, as the seals & valves are all located in mag.

All in all, get one. It is one of the better Blow-back BB guns on the market. If you are into replica airguns, esp. 1911's, it is a must buy. It has nice blowback action which gives it a nice replica feel.

Just remember, it is a CO2 plinker, not a competition target pistol.

I hear some people have put real 1911 grips on these, to make them look even more realistic. (Mike at Replica Airguns has a video on how to do it).

Some versions of the 1911 do not have rails, but I found a laser isn't needed as it shoots fairly accurately with the non adjustable sights.

Of you are not a fan of the 1911, and looking for something more current, I would also recommend the following blowback airguns:
-Sig Sauer M17, copy of new US Army side arm. Is a pellet gun not BB.
-Uzi blowback BB gun. Real heavy blowback action. Nice accuracy. Comes with full auto function. Make sure you get the 25 shot version, as the 28 shot version is not blowback.
-Walter PPK BB gun. Nice blow back for a small airgun. But only has a stick mag.
-Beretta M92 A1. This is a very heavy BB gun. Possibly heaver than the real firearm. Nice replica of the real thing. Very heavy blowback action. And has full auto switch that allow you to dump the full 18 shot mag. in a second or two. Only issue, the heavy blowback action caused the safety to break off on first one, replacement has held together. Also, not the most accurate BB gun. Put an airsoft laser on the rail, but heavy blowback throws it off after a couple of mags.

Also, humor has it that the Glock 17 Gen 4 blowback CO2 BB gun is suppose to be another nice option. But will not be on the market in North America until fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwJcBnNrs24

So lots of options out there.

Last edited by BB1Shooter on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:41 pm 

Also, since most of these blowback air pistols have all of the seals & values in the magazine, buying multiple magazines will extend the life of the airgun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:42 pm 

+100~
very nice and detailed!

~Target~

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:49 pm 

Reading the thread :? :? , I come to suggest Umarex H'n'K USP, full blowback (kick hard), full size drop out magazine, nice to hold and field strip like a 1911. Ho and forgot to say, for me better looking then a G17, polymer base and metal slide... Good contender...

SilentMan...

6mm
Not enough and to many.