Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:16 pm 

Mine was a basic Marksman pistol. Me and my buddy were in our glory thinking we had the coolest looking guns. I also remember taking one point blank in the leg. Good times.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:17 pm 

I got my MP5 which I bought from Wal-Mart online and sunk me into this deep hole...

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:47 pm 

A cheapo Marksman 2000. That piece of crap shot everywhere but where you aimed it.

We've come a long way

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:26 am 

Mine was a Daisy 188 bbgun front cocker , use to shoot those little darts with too. A friend one put a fly into and fired it at the ceiling , left a big "splat". Girlfriend got mad..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:48 am 

DocGadget wrote:
A cheapo Marksman 2000. That piece of crap shot everywhere but where you aimed it.

We've come a long way

Marksman 1705 ( pump BB rifle ) I did have a Marksman 2000 as well. But real pellet rifle was a Crosman 2100 ( All back, engraving and gold trigger ) Actually got a 35mm photo of it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:21 am 

I remember going to Canadian Tire to buy my Marksman. I remember feeling strange asking staff member to open the gun cabinet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:55 am 

Oh to be young and stupid. I'm talking like Pre 14.

That 2100, we used to stick a wads of TP in it, and drop mustard seeds down the bore. Pump it up a couple times. And shoot each other in the leg with it. One day tried to shoot my buddy with a rubber ball, and ended up putting it thru the bathroom door..

Also painted the house with a paintball gun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:49 am 

In 1959, I bought a used Daisy 25 pump for $4.00 from my older brother's friend. Huge amount of money for me at 10 years old. Took me over a year to pay for it. Had to buy BBs, which were dirt cheap, but my allowance was a nickel a week. Drove the tractor for a farmer picking up hay bales for maybe a quarter a day. Big bucks!

Shot match sticks against brick walls and they really snapped. Targets were never paper, just what nature provided. Acorns, crab apples, walnuts, small rocks, ... Lots of fun and hours spent with that old gun. Lent it to a friend and his dad ran over it with the car, hopefully accidental. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:58 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Oh Yes,

It was Christmas 1968, and under the tree was a shiny new Crosman PowerMaster 760 PCP Pump. It shot BBs, Darts and Pellets.

That's when I first caught the bug ........... those were the care free days of owning a BB gun, before all the phobias. So nice to revisit those moments in time.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:15 pm 

Daisy 1894 Spittin Image. Bought it new at Woolco. Followed by a Daisy 179 the following year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:52 pm 

Me, it was a way to big Crossman 357 (black one), was 20 some years old... I prefered the older 357 with brown grip, it's smaller I think (feel)...

SilentMan... 8)

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:21 pm 

Not only do I remember it, I still have it! I have a picture, but I haven't set things up to attach them yet.

It's a Daisy lever action and it's in a sad state, but still works. The BB doesn't come out with much velocity anymore. It needs some serious TLC that I've been meaning to do for a number of years.

My dad bought it for me in the mid 70s when, I was 10 years old and I thought plastic stock and grip was the coolest thing. How all the plastic bits are still intact after all these years I beyond me. We lived on a large lot in a small town and my dad wanted me to shoot the neighbourhood dogs in the butt to discourage them from using our back yard as their toilet. I did my job pretty well. :-)

Speaking of stupid things being done as kids..... myself and a couple of my buddies that owned BB guns decided to have a little war against each other out in the bush one day. I think I was 11 years old at the time. Safety??? What's that?? Shorts, t-shirts and absolutely no personal protection. How we didn't lose an eye I have no idea. I took a shot to my knuckle that stung like a bugger and bled for a while. The gun still has the bright orange safety label is still affixed to the stock as to this day, I've never taken it off. Now THAT'S irony! :-)

Cheers.

Trying to post pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:13 pm 

Wow. Great stories guys. We always remember the 'firsts'. When we were younger, the first was the best! Maybe we didn't know any better or just the thrill of satisfaction. Like playing swords and shields with 2 pieces of left over fence and a garbage can lid. I used to make guns out of Lego...Then I turned of legal age.hehehe. Now we've got more than we know what to do with.
I may actually be looking to sell over 10 of my BB guns to thin out the collection.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:13 pm 

I got a Crosman 760 for my 9th B-day, back when it was normal for kids to have guns. You know, b4 the liberal brainwashing propaganda targeting the ignorant and stupid. Of course I shot everything in sight. I don't mean property, I mean the local bird, mouse and lizard population took a hit.
It was like $10 at the Navy exchange, where my gramps bought everything. He took me there and let me pick out what I wanted, and while unsure what that was, the 760 looked like the thing to have. Looking back it was the right choice. A Benjamin or Sheridan would've be cooler, but they didn't have those and were probably too hard for me to pump anyway.
By the time I was 14 I had tried a variety of Crosman and Daisy guns, all disappointing. Then I found a Beeman catalog! After studying that, and several more of their catalogs, I decided a Feinwerkbau 124D is what I had to have. Had to wait until I was 18 to get a job and the $ to get that $pendy little guy, but that and a Marlin 60 were the top two things on my "must own" list. I don't shoot regularly at all since it's illegal to shoot air or fire where I live. They way I see it is it's only illegal if you get caught. I know the mods here don't like me sayin that but I'm in the US so no Canadian laws were broken. I did, however, break many CA laws when I visited, but none were gun related and nothing actually bad anyway ;)
Now I have several nice quality guns and a bunch of disposable cheapies. The 124 is still my fave btw, and certainly the most accurate.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:15 am 

Mine was a Crosman MKI CO2 pistol, back in the 60's... I shot hundreds of grouse and squirrels with that pistol, wish I had kept it.