Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Benjamin classic .22
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:56 pm 

Juat picked one up any one have had experiences with this gun good or bad?

Post subject: Re: Benjamin classic .22
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:13 pm 

Ravenairgun wrote:
Juat picked one up any one have had experiences with this gun good or bad?
I have one, it is very accurate. Can do 1/2" groups at 20 meters. Cocking effort is also not too heavy.

通过我的 ALP-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:15 pm 

Didn't own this one,yet... And as I know, it's just as its named described, Classic.

And there is potential for you to fine tune it and do some mods to make it shoot much better~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:47 pm 

Lol to me 20 meters is a joke just doesnt impress me no offense.i find the gun extreamly acurate plink cans with ease at 75 yards with hollow points. scope is impressive as well. Hooked up a nice bi pod to it. Over all give this gun a solid 8 out of 10 any one else have pictures or reviews of there experience with the benjamin classic .22? Also what kind of mods are available?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:01 pm 

Wow, that's pretty good for a spring gun! Sounds like fun! Great shooting =)
1/2" group with a slinger at 20 yards is actually pretty good for a lot of springers, I wouldn't laugh at that. You must have got lucky with that gun, and be a great shot to boot to have no trouble at 75 yards =)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:33 pm 

Ya ill post a video some time. And ill get some pictures up. Im in the process of gtting my pal so i can get somthing that shoots faster then 500 fps i enjoy long range shooting.. tempting to just smuggle one across the border lol. But adventualy want to get the benjamin marauder in .25 cal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:54 am 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Wow, that's pretty impressive @75 yards!

Being a break barrel and a springer, I could never get mine to group consistently or be that accurate for FT. However, it is the rifle that got me back into the sport, and had just as much fun with it as my other rifles as t was more of a challenge.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Ravenairgun wrote:
Lol to me 20 meters is a joke just doesnt impress me no offense.i find the gun extreamly acurate plink cans with ease at 75 yards with hollow points. scope is impressive as well. Hooked up a nice bi pod to it. Over all give this gun a solid 8 out of 10 any one else have pictures or reviews of there experience with the benjamin classic .22? Also what kind of mods are available?

Hatsan BT65
Benjamin Marauder
FX Dreamline
Cometa Orion
Weihrauch HW100S
QB78D HPA 875 FPS
Brocock Concept Super 6
Artemis PP700S-A
Diana Chaser
Snowpeak CP1-M
Artemis PP800
FX Radar Chrony

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:30 am 

Ravenairgun wrote:
No offense taken, it is great for guys with good eyesight. Old fart like me can only envy anyone with the ability to shoot beyond 25 meters.

通过我的 ALP-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:36 pm 

Lol you kind of scared me with 20 meter scenario but ya correction it exactly 66 yards consitantly hitting small pellet tin targets plinking no problem hitting spoon size targets now at 50 yards just picked up a utg bugbuster 3-9x32 seems the gun gets better as you shoot it pictures coming soon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:07 pm 

None of these look like reviews, simply questions or opinions not based on anything. I'll try and look something up tomorrow or later, and post some actual numbers.

Sorry for the rudeness. Will post my results for Benjamin .22 tomorrow when sodie pops have worn off.
In quick summation, good results can be achieved with some effort, if willing.
If looking for a shooter as is, look elsewhere, unless you enjoy tinkering and fixing.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 pm 

Well for review from me comes with a great scope center point 3-9x40 illuminated adjustable brightness RnG shoots extreamly well at 70 yards easy to cock reasonably priced if you enjoy shooting springers pick one up you wont be dissapointed. I shot about 5 diffrent types of pellets thru it crossman premiers hollows and pointed 14 grain shot amazingly well. Rws hobby flat heads 11grain , 1.1 gram super point slugs, extreme impact domed 13 grain and didnt have accuracy issues with any once zerod in. The slugs went right through a big heavy can of vh bean sprouts at 20 yards.(500 fps).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:04 pm 

First Benjamin. Stock spring. 436fps average, 10 shots. Accuracy about 1 1/2". Trigger terrible, never measured weight, unpredictable. Scope and mounts fit rail horribly. Always moved or slid.
Full spring. 657fps average, 10 shots. Accuracy 1 1/2 to 2". Terrible trigger.
Seemed light, returned to stock and store, because of accuracy, exchanged for a 2nd. When returning to stock, noticed slice in the piston seal.

2nd Benjamin , 437fps stock, 717fps with full spring. Accuracy was similar, mounts still moved.
Many hours of sanding and numerous tear downs, groups dropped to about 3/4". Scope still fit badly and slid, sanded mounts to fit dovetaile, sliding stopped.

Ordered about 10 different kinds of pellets. Crosman HP, Domed, Grizzly JSB (4 weights). Settled on JSB 0.22 15.89 at 642fps. Best accuracy over 3 different rifles, not the quickest(Diana 350, Ruger Airhawk, Benjamin Classic).

Summary
Had to file the mounts for the scope as they never fit properly and kept sliding after several shots. The trigger pull is poor. Sanded barrel also. Took 100's of rounds to predict trigger pullnd, then accuracy began to come around. 10m same hole. 30m, 3/4". 70yds, 7/10 beer cans.

Final. If willing to do alot of work and tuning (I was, had an entire winter), this gun can be a great shooter as the craftsmanship was not put into it by Crosman.
The scope is clear, bright and definite adjustments despite being a combo kit and no mil-dots.
While out of the box it leaves alot desired, it can be tuned very well to deliver consistent accuracy and speed. Trigger is still crap after many hours of work. 100's of pellets made it somewhat predictable. Kept at it with tuning because my neighbour bought the same gun and I didn't want him to outshot me.

Nice to have idiots for neighbours with the same hobbies.

Crosman HP 717fps, Crosman domed 680fps. Jsb 13.42g, 670fps, Jsb 14.35g, 642, Jsb 15.89g, 642fps, Jsb 18.13g, 575fps.

Jsb 15.89g were choosen as they shot accurate in my three .22 air rifles, all within 3/8" at 10m in garage.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk