Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: diy crossbow target .
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:23 pm 

i just finished this target for my little crossbow. this is for fooling around in the garage this winter when my co2 guns are hibernating. i used those foam interlocking floor mats -- 2 pieces of wood and 4 threaded rods. from 20 feet away the bolts still go in 4 inches. this is a 80lb crossbow called the seeker. i put a reflex sight on it. very accurate and pretty strong shooter. good fun for the days i,m not going to shoot my non co2 guns. (double click for bigger pics.)

Attachments:
IMG_0363.jpg
IMG_0363.jpg [ 311.32 KiB | Viewed 455 times ]
IMG_0361.jpg
IMG_0361.jpg [ 351.95 KiB | Viewed 455 times ]
IMG_0359.jpg
IMG_0359.jpg [ 382.45 KiB | Viewed 455 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:49 pm 

Good job on target. Been there done that with cheap crossbows. Lose the fun really quickly so I cut down a rail on one of my Excalibur crossbows and with strait riser it is 90lbs, two bolts and put on forward riser makes it 115lbs. Two different scopes so change over does not affect POI and it has pinpoint accuracy. Only reasonable shooting cheap crossbow is my Barnett Phantom JR that my Ggrandkids drag around with me. I do shoot it occasionally upstairs in my bow/pellet range.

Crossbows are not toys. I know alot of people with very bad injuries from them. Gun habit on a bag is to sometimes wrap your thumb over barrel. One friend lost his thumb that way with a crossbow. I had a rope cocker ripped off my neck. I never hang it around my neck since that time. Did not know blood can squirt out of ones body 8 feet away in a stream.

Have fun, Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:04 pm 

thanks w. and also for the painful looking thumbs up. ya I,m usually pretty careful when it comes to any thing to do with my fingers because I,ve only got 7 of them. i can,t afford to lose any more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:11 pm 

I hear you. look at my other hand on my knee. Missing 1 and 2/3ths as well. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:37 am 

Back to work! :lol: Your thread made me dig out my old Man Kung crossbow and give it another shot. Was going to give it away because of inaccuracy. Trigger assembly shifts. Try some JB Weld and new scope rings. Thank you. If one can not hit a dime size spot at 10 meters everytime it is not worth shooting. I have the 150lb limbs but bought 120lb limbs for it 4 or 5 years ago that I keep on it. Thank you. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:11 pm 

that's a beauty . very nice. watch the rest of your digits. I don,t wan,t you mangling any more because I put ideas in your head. lol. a while back I bought a jaguar 150lb crossbow from Canada crossbow. It was a real beauty. i thought i was going to shoot it at the construction yard where i worked. but i never even fired it once and ended up selling it. get a roll of dime size dots and put some pics up after. (p.s. i didn,t shoot those bolts in the top pic. i just stuck em in by hand)

Attachments:
IMG_0367.jpg
IMG_0367.jpg [ 364.84 KiB | Viewed 347 times ]
IMG_0366.jpg
IMG_0366.jpg [ 379.06 KiB | Viewed 347 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:48 pm 

Six hours later, still shooting, new Excalibur 4X32 scope I was not using and got it a bit better. Still not happy considering I am used to my custom Excalibur indoor target bow and how it shoots but I will keep working on it. Mine came from Canada crossbow as well. Shooting Victory Voodoo arrows that the six are likely worth more than the crossbow is. But I had a dozen given to me to test a few years ago so I am testing them good now. :lol: :lol: :lol: