Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:51 am 

Just putting my .22 back together but cant figure out how to put the trigger pack back on the gun with the spring and piston removed. Theres also the sear is popping out of the trigger pack and cant fet it to click down if i could i can propably get the pack installed to the frame. Need help

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:44 am 

Use a zip tie, or something to tie the catch down. Then when installed, cut it and pull it out.

Sorry the pictures are too big. So just leaving the links.

https://i.imgur.com/cUcGtqI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QFEFO02.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/G0P8lmq.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:03 pm 

Forgot to mention, you need to put the piston, top hat and spring in w/o the end cap ( so there is no tension ) before putting on the trigger pack. Or you won't get the piston in.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:40 pm 

Thanks for the help lead slinger ended up figuring out the accual proper way by my self. Whst you need to do is push down the sear from the inside wear the piston/spring go and it acculy locks down on the bottom of the frame as you slide the trigger pack in place then you can put the spring and everyyhing slide right in once correctly aligned.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:18 pm 

Ravenairgun wrote:
Thanks for the help lead slinger ended up figuring out the accual proper way by my self. Whst you need to do is push down the sear from the inside wear the piston/spring go and it acculy locks down on the bottom of the frame as you slide the trigger pack in place then you can put the spring and everyyhing slide right in once correctly aligned.

I had a disassembly guide for B19 airguns on this site. I put the piston in first, because I can push on the seal from the cuts out for the clocking slots, and limit the damage to the seal, esp if you haven't de-burred the cocking slot. I'm able to carefully put it in better without the trigger pack in my way.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:31 pm 

Ok any way to reduce recoil you know of sanding down parts or somthing i notice some time when i oil it it makes a "tht" sound and you cant hear the spring "boing" were its usualy a "tht boing"?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:20 pm 

The pix is how I do it, fyi. Plus I'd deburr the cocking slots as others mentioned so you don't trash the seal any more than it already is. I suggest using a new seal since the orig is already damaged from that, and ideally, new seal or old, I sand the seal thinner to raise the compression ratio. That's another topic but I'm happy to explain that if interested.
Not sure what you mean about the sound after oiling but it could be dieseling slightly which could prevent the piston from slamming into the breech. That harsh impact is mostly what makes the spring twang. The spring twang is super annoying to me but totally fixable. It would be easiest if I sent you the info on that and the above b/c it's just too much to post, and I'll include a ton of other stuff you can do to the gun. chevota at hotmail and remind me who you are.

Attachments:
Trigger install.JPG
Trigger install.JPG [ 68.96 KiB | Viewed 1329 times ]