Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: HW35E swivel size....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:40 am 

Found a nice leather sling for my 35e. When just received it, I found the size of the sling width is just a little bit wider and can't go through the swivels on the 35e...

I asked the seller, and he said his slings are all made following the standards of 1inch width...

I measured the sling is just on the 1 inch size and might be very very slightly wider. BUT, the hole on my swivels are smaller than 1 inch, maybe 15/16 or 7/8 inch...

I don't have a better tool in home like a caliper to measure...

Is that the German standard different than other standards? And if anyone have the actual size of the HW35E swivel, please share~

Thanks a lot~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

2240+14" barrel + Discovery 42mm Scope
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:11 am 

North American seems to be 1" ( Standard ) or 1.25" ( Common in Military ) wide swivels. But European common seems to be 3/4" or 7/8"

Last edited by leadslinger on Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:15 am 

YepYep:
Your question regarding, if the German swivels that are factory mounted on the airgun 'smaller' than the North American standards of swivel LOOPS at 1.00 inch or 1.25 inch may not be important. You can actually change the SWIVEL LOOPS since the mounting STUDS are fixed (one on the stock and the other on the barrel) You don't have to remove the STUDS to change out the size of the swivel you want.
May I suggest that you search for a YouTube that illustrates how to a) Install swivels b) forget the mounting of the studs since yours are already on the airgun rifle. You will see clearly how the 'detach' the swivel loop to remove from their studs.
So you might then have to go to a store locally that sells firearms and accessories - look at the swivels - and then try to see if your SLING will pass through the LOOP easily with your sling in the store.

I have a HW50S that is similar to your HW35e and I have mounted a set of Sling Swivels. Depending on the manufacturer the LOOP opening can be slightly different for a same 'stated size' of for example 1 inch. I have a set that came from AGS made by GT in USA that are only 1/32'' wider than 1.00inch and another set from my local firearms store that carries Uncle Mike's brand and those are 1/16'' wider than 1.00inch. Those are the ones I chose to accomodate the Sling I have that was custom made by Plinkercases (Murray).

Good luck.

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher Marine .177
SAG AR2078-B Match .177
Weihrauch HW50S .117
FAS 6004
Webley Hurricane
Weihrauch HW45 SS .22
Daisy Avanti 747
Artemis PP700S-A
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:27 am 

Oh, yeah~ Thanks Hawk! I checked the swivels, it's obviously very easy to change the loop~ So I only need to find a set of new loops for my 35e then~

I was so afraid of I will need to work on the stub on the stock just in order to use the sling and I would rather just return the sling.....

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:27 am 

leadslinger wrote:
North American seems to be 1" ( Standard ) or 1.25" ( Common in Military ) wide swivels. But European common seems to be 3/4" or 7/8"
Yes~ the OD of the loop is about 1 inch, and the ID is more like 7/8 inch...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:46 am 

YepYep,
Your welcome...mate!
Remember that you will always only find sets of swivels that come with the studs and washers...not just the LOOPS. So as you had thought...you will not
Quote:
just find a set of new loops for your HW35e
. Just to be clear. :)

Hawk-i

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:48 am 

YepYep wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Yes~ the OD of the loop is about 1 inch, and the ID is more like 7/8 inch...

The OD of the loop means nothing for the measurements. When they say 1 or 1.25" sling swivels, they mean the ID. Which would be the OD of the sling it self. So you measure the inside edge to edge of your loop to get the size of the sling it fits.

As Richard say, you can change the loops/swivel size without changing the studs. Canadian Tire should have them ( know as sling swivels ) Will say 1" or 1.25" on the package. So if you measured the sling you bought as 1", buy the swivels for 1"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:23 am 

Thanks guy~ You gave me another reason to go shopping....again.....

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender