Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Went hunting today
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:21 pm 

Went out with buddy Len. We used his Turkish O/U 28 bore, my Turkish single shot .410 bore and my Condor with
26gr. Predators.
I only had the opportunity to shoot one "ruffy" with the air rifle & it was a decent shot. Oh - we got 10 birds total
with most of them in the really thick stuff. Lucky we had the #6 shot cloud throwers.

Attachments:
IMG_2798.JPG
IMG_2798.JPG [ 79.7 KiB | Viewed 1318 times ]

Post subject: Re: Went hunting today
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:27 am 

Congratulations on a nice day out Daryl..!
Were you running dogs, or just bush-whacking..?

That looks like a serious scope on your Condor; what are you running there..?

Hopefully all the snow we got here in Southern Alberta will have knocked down the tall grass, and melted.
It will soon be prime time..!

Diana Chaser Carbine .22
Artemis M11 .25
Artemis PP800 Chaser Fusion .25
FX Dreamline Lite .25
Artemis PP750 .22

Post subject: Re: Went hunting today
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:27 pm 

We just went for a drive, shooting the birds on the sides of the logging roads, eating clover. Every one of them had a crop full of clover leaves.
I suspect we saw 20 all together, but only got shots at 11 or 12 - I missed a couple. What was interesting, was every one of them was a male.
The scope is an Optisan MTC Viper 6-24X30x56mm IRS Reticle. Nice scope., but slight overkill on the Condor. It worked, though.
https://www.optisanoptics.com/taipan-6-24x56plr/
We're hoping to get out again. I think I'll take the 12 bore Mossy with the 28" vent bl. I just changed it out last night, the rifled tube for the smoothie.
No snow here yet, but did get up to 11C yesterday. Raining again, today. Lots of rain and cool weather this summer.