Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: I got a 2240!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:49 am 

I got this little pistola a couple of weeks ago from AGS but I only just got a chance to shoot it this weekend.

Fun to shoot and wacks the 14.3g Crosman Premiums over the chronograph in the low 420's even at 15C.
Just off-hand plinking for now as I don't have my bench built yet but the accuracy seems promising. The trigger is truly awful and the sights are not that great but there is tweaking to be done over the winter months :wink:

Cheers,
Geoff

Post subject: Re: I got a 2240!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:59 am 

Sounds good~ 15C with a not that light weight 14.3gr pellets with stock barrel to reach 420fps~ your 2240 works very well!

The good for a 2240 is a awful trigger and a not that great sights.... So that you can work on it as it provides you a great platform to work on and make it better and better~ ;-)

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:45 am 

Nice winter project gun.They are pigs on co2 If you take a bit off hammer spring you can almost double shot count without drop in power. And if you put long barrel on it say 14.5 then it is so much easier to shoot and brings fps up in 450 to 470 range. have fun.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:42 am 

2240! Welcome to the rabbit hole for modding. It's a long deep $$ hole. But a very fun way to learn , so many options.
Just remember to keep it under 500.
There are ton of options to improve trigger, some cost a lot others require tools and knowledge , lot's of options.
Cheers
Walther