Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:08 am 

Looks like the new Glock 17 Gen 5 CO2 BB pistol, currently released by Umarex in Europe, has similar internals as the 17 Gen 3, but with the new Glock 17 Gen 5 exterior styling.

See Andy's review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5wF9z-6c54

Not on my wish list. I will stick with the 17 Gen 4 & 19x.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:46 pm 

Same for me. The gen4 is fabulous. I haven't shot it yet but the build quality is very nice.
The 19X is better than I tought it would be. I would probably get a 19gen4 if it came out.

The only part I didn't like is the ugly blister packs. I was expecting boxes like we see in Andy's reviews but all blister packs was a bit of a let down :(

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:16 pm 

Mag mechanism make's me thing of gen 3 and the Berretta M84..

Slide and trigger on the other hand remind me of the 9XP/SA40/APX witch were deceiving..

Had the 9XP, it is powerfull and quite accurate for a BB..

I agree, for me Gen 4, no contest..

SilentMan

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:19 pm 

I noticed the Glock 17 Gen 4 I recently picked up doesn't have the 9x19 etched into the slide like the ones reviewed by UK/Euro reviewers/sites, so, less branding and a garbage clamshell box.

Ugh, aside from that a pretty nice pistol

Nyd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:37 pm 

Yes, it is curious why Umarex Europe sells all of their Glock airguns in a nice Glock boxes, whereas Umarex USA sell them in plastic clamshell.

Is it because air pistols are sold on store shelves in USA & behind the counter in Europe?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:56 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Yes, it is curious why Umarex Europe sells all of their Glock airguns in a nice Glock boxes, whereas Umarex USA sell them in plastic clamshell.

Is it because air pistols are sold on store shelves in USA & behind the counter in Europe?

I don't mind the missing 9X19 but the clamshells SUCKS! I was expecting my 19X to come in a nice cardboard box with a cool patch as per the AAR review... but nothing. I do like the little "tool"/smaller allen key that comes with it. It probably costs more to make than a regular key but I think it's a nice addition.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:30 pm 

The Gen4 looks like a nice gun, but I'm REALLY enjoying my Gen5 19X and Gen3 17.

Although the Gen4 has the more realistic mag, I actually prefer the other standard Umarex mag style in the Gen3 and Gen5. Umarex uses the same style mag in the H&K VP9. It's much easier to load both CO2 and BBs. Umarex went back to this original mag on the Gen5 for a reason I guess.

My Gen3 has a bit of slide rattle, which apparently the Gen5 17 does as well, but I don't mind if a gun makes a bit of noise when I handle it. That just tells me the slide moves easier likely using less CO2 then. I can get approximately 5 magazines out of each of these two guns on one cartridge.
Both these guns also hit target really hard too. Consistently over spec from my limited research online. Great forceful, snappy recoil as well. More so than my VP9.

I also agree about the Umarex tool that comes with these pistols, it's a neat little device.