Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:39 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hello Everyone,

After experiencing some problems with barrel droop and not being able to properly sight in one of my scopes on my new FX Dreamline, I found a very inexpensive solution on eBay: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/174063772245?Vi ... 4063772245

This is a 3D printed Barrel Support which works on both the FX Dreamline and Streamline Models. At $10.00 USD it certainly is a bargain! Ordered two and they arrived a few days later via Canada Post. Slipped one on each of my FX rifles in minutes with ease, both fitting like a glove.

Now both barrels are well supported and no longer flex or droop, keeping my sighting bang on target (pun intended). Highly recommend this very inexpensive modification for any member owning these fine rifles.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Attachments:
File comment: 3D Printed FX Barrel Support
IMG_2019.jpg
IMG_2019.jpg [ 52.8 KiB | Viewed 2056 times ]
File comment: Barrel Support Installs with Ease!
IMG_2018.jpg
IMG_2018.jpg [ 82.95 KiB | Viewed 2056 times ]
File comment: Looking Good!
IMG_2017.jpg
IMG_2017.jpg [ 69.14 KiB | Viewed 2056 times ]

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:25 pm 

does it work?

sorry I could not find the just reply button so it was requoted

Avianmanor wrote:
Hello Everyone,

After experiencing some problems with barrel droop and not being able to properly sight in one of my scopes on my new FX Dreamline, I found a very inexpensive solution on eBay: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/174063772245?Vi ... 4063772245

This is a 3D printed Barrel Support which works on both the FX Dreamline and Streamline Models. At $10.00 USD it certainly is a bargain! Ordered two and they arrived a few days later via Canada Post. Slipped one on each of my FX rifles in minutes with ease, both fitting like a glove.

Now both barrels are well supported and no longer flex or droop, keeping my sighting bang on target (pun intended). Highly recommend this very inexpensive modification for any member owning these fine rifles.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:51 am 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hello Jefferson,

This mod works like a dream on both of my FX Rifles. Presumably, being 3D printed and not metal, these barrel supports have a little give for expansion / contraction with pressure and temperature change. A must have item @ $10 USD IMHO.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/FX-Dreamline-Ba ... nav=SEARCH

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:27 am 

I too bought 2 of them.Put one on my dreamline 25.Worked great,slight improvement,at the short range of 25meters.Hopefully longer distances,will prove it's worth.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:44 am 

If you do purchase this accessory I would highly recommended you query the seller on the type of plastic being used. Most are done with PLA which is very susceptible to heat and UV. Being black it would be even worse. ABS is "good" for heat and some UV but is more brittle. I would want PETG or nylon. Really it should be machined delrin.

Maybe I should buy some petg filament or re-setup my cnc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:51 pm 

Wasn't FX supposed to be making / selling some of these..?

Diana Chaser Carbine .22
Artemis M11 .25
Artemis PP800 Chaser Fusion .25
FX Dreamline Lite .25
Artemis PP750 .22