Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:17 pm 

rsterne wrote:
Problem is that adding a pump may put you over....

Bob

I thought they tested with manufacturer recommendations? If not how do they test pumpers? I never did anything to my valve except add tiny bit volume and smoothing. Frustrating trying to be law abiding and not really have a framework to work in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:26 pm 

All are the same~ like the traffic laws, so many items there never have a black or white clarification, the cop says you wrong, you are wrong... Anyway,you are not the Mr. Judge... And it's the road side, not in the court. Even thought, you are just nobody and please accept your punishment ~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:18 pm 

When we brought in the Artemis guns the firearms program required pellet velocity tests of random guns, by the factory. We had to submit those with the serial numbers. The Artemis guns were tested in 22 cal with 1gram pellets/16gr. The firearms program accepted the velocity tests in that pellet weight. In 9gr they would have been over 500fps I'm sure. So they seem to accept within reason, the weight of the pellet used by factory to determine legality.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:32 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
When we brought in the Artemis guns the firearms program required pellet velocity tests of random guns, by the factory. We had to submit those with the serial numbers. The Artemis guns were tested in 22 cal with 1gram pellets/16gr. The firearms program accepted the velocity tests in that pellet weight. In 9gr they would have been over 500fps I'm sure. So they seem to accept within reason, the weight of the pellet used by factory to determine legality.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Thank you for that, very interesting "insider" info.
Crosman 13xx is supposed pumped no more than 10 times according to the old box I had. I assumed they would have been tested with Crosman Pellets for the rated fps rating.
:)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:30 am 

YepYep wrote:
All are the same~ like the traffic laws, so many items there never have a black or white clarification, the cop says you wrong, you are wrong... Anyway,you are not the Mr. Judge... And it's the road side, not in the court. Even thought, you are just nobody and please accept your punishment ~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

It's true and this is the problem.. RCMP says it's illegal, or cannot do this or that. But the Criminal code, or firearm act contradicts what they said. We seen this, where RCMP says 500 FPS and 4.2 FPE, and gotten a insider post a email where they said its either or and not AND. Tech labs making their own rules. If it was truly either or, all 22 cal sub 500 FPS air guns would have to be rated under 363 FPS, in order not to shoot over 4.2 FPE.

Problem is the RCMP are given too much power, and they believe that they can make any rule, even if it contradicts the criminal code or firearm act. I got a police buddy that arrested people with illegal guns and drugs, and the judge dropped the firearm charges, and slapped him with minor drug charges. The police are corrupt, and justice system a joke. 17 year old vet of the HRP got charged with theft under 5000, but not armed robbery, she even had her service pistol, in her purse.

So in the end you are wasting you money trying to fight something, that you shouldn't been arrested or in trouble for in the first place. I fought the OPP before, where I was clear as day, not wrong. But they wanted me to prove it in court.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 am 

I agree...100%....its a mess...for those of us who enjoy power modding and want to stay legal it is confusing and chancey...to say the least...whether to mod or not...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:58 am 

walther wrote:
Am I the only one that did not know , you can adjust the fps down by adjusting the piston a touch shorter?
????
:oops:

A better option would be to keep the ftp properly adjusted and google air conserving pumper and retained air pumper. Make up a velocity adjuster and tune the striker spring so it retains air at <500fps with a standard 14.3g pellet. Take notes of your tuning efforts and put those somewhere safe.

Al

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:15 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
walther wrote:
Am I the only one that did not know , you can adjust the fps down by adjusting the piston a touch shorter?
????
:oops:

A better option would be to keep the ftp properly adjusted and google air conserving pumper and retained air pumper. Make up a velocity adjuster and tune the striker spring so it retains air at <500fps with a standard 14.3g pellet. Take notes of your tuning efforts and put those somewhere safe.

Al

I agree , it's just this is one of those phase two rear cocking 1322's . Am right that it's just a case of hammer spring trimming?
I'll have to have a looking at that. It does retain a tiny bit of air at 10 pumps , but not enough to send a pellet down range.
Am I right that a Bstaley oring setup could be used to detune as well?
Cheers
Walther

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:23 pm 

In that case, make a transfer port from brass. Try .040" and see where the velocity maxes out.

If you have room to go up in velocity, drill it out (number drill bits are a good thing to have)...if it's too fast, either make another or solder it closed and drill smaller (why I suggest brass).

Or make a new hammer assembly...or make a sleeve to fit inside the valve and limit volume...

Not sure which option would be the least mucking around for you...I would make the new hammer assembly mostly because it's make it once, then merely adjust it...no repeated tear down, assemble and test, repeat cycles.

Al

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:59 pm 

1 gram would be exactly 15.4324grains, Wes. Point taken, though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:56 pm 

Walther: So you can get a tube for a 2260 and yer good to go, but not a 13xx? That's airgun discrimination, which is worse than illegal; it's not PC....
I dunno, I would totally push the boundaries but you guys do what you feel comfortable doing. If I was that worried about it I guess I'd just mod it as I want it, but if a little pin in the side is removed it's <500. Cops show up and that pin vanishes, never existed...

Leadslinger: It's the same in the US despite out 6th amendment that states "innocent until proven guilty". Once they accuse you of something it's a done deal unless you can prove you are innocent. It's freakin bizzare that they blatantly violate the constitution all the time but unless you're willing to pay the big bucks for an atty you're screwed. Not too long ago they tried to fine me for back due car registration, on like six or so cars that I had sold years ago! The registration fines do not comply with our 8th amendment either (excessive fines), but totalled many thousands of $. I said I sold those things years ago. They said; prove it. So how exactly do you prove you don't have something? I mean wtf? So I had to fill out a document, under threat of perjury, stating the name and address of each person I sold each car to. Who keeps track of all that info? Plus what I wanna know is wth happened to the release of liability form I sent in, for each car which stated I sold it? They claim to have never rec'd them, all of them, and they did this to my friends too. It's simply a $ making scheme worth billions. Fyi; they can take the $ directly out of your bank acct w/o warning. George Orwell only had the date wrong, and if the Germans had won we would likely be better off. Ok, I'm all worked up now but will shut up...

Btw, I guess I like the residual air thing best b/c it does what I want which is less pumps to get where you wanna be, but I have a question:
So you pump it 10 or whatever pumps to get in the zone, then each shot after it only needs 5 pumps to get your 499fps. If they can make a buck from your arrest I'd assume they would not count the precharge and say you have to pump it 10x after it was last fired. So I guess we're back to square one?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:51 pm 

1322 adjustable piston tuning .Topic is not gun laws or traffic law or US gun Law 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:47 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
1322 adjustable piston tuning .Topic is not gun laws or traffic law or US gun Law 8)

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:10 am 

The O.P. himself mentioned "staying legal"...which refers to gun laws...It would be irresponsible to talk of power mods,etc. without talking about or considering the ramifications of exceeding the law...Also a flat topped piston is easily going to put a 1322 over the limit....12 inch barrel or not...we all know that...so I would venture to say a discussion of gun laws is quite relevant here.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:52 am 

If you want discussion of gun laws start another topic about it thank you