Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:05 pm 

Fairly new to air guns, however I realize springers have a well deserved reputation for chewing up glass. Specific airgun in question is a non-PAL Chinese B2, picked it up for cheap, happy with the consistency, however the factory sights plain suck. Have two Bushnell scopes lying around (one is a banner 4-16x40AO and the other is a Legend 1.75-5x32), are low powered springers still hard on optics, and would either of these scopes survive on a sub 500fps Springer?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:18 pm 

non-PAL springers are indeed capable of destroying a centre-fire scope. The Legend appears to be "shockproof" so it may stand up to your B2.
If in doubt, look for a cheep springer rated scope to put on the B2.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:01 pm 

Something like a B-2 I would attempt to tune first, before mounting glass. Some factory de-tuning methods result in a badly slamming, bouncing piston...

A properly tuned springer is a lot quieter than a detuned B-2.

I killed a couple of 4-12X 40 A/O banners on detuned springers, so be careful about scope selection. I'd definitely go along with the suggestion for a springer rated scope.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:25 pm 

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll look in to some tuning on the B2 and possibly a cheap spring rated scope, definitely didn't want to risk beating up some perfectly good glass on a $40 rifle lol. Bought the gun on a TSC cyber deal, decided to exchange the first one as the front sight was crooked and maxed out of the rear windage adjustment. Took out my replacement today, looks better out of the box, this one seems to lock up a bit tighter, breech end isn't as rough, but ended up maxing out of the windage again (in the other direction this time lol) and I'm still 1.5" left of POA at 10 yards, which is why I was considering just throwing a scope on it. Just bought it as a cheap beater plinker but it would be nice to hit where I'm aiming, seemed to be group surprisingly well offhand though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:26 am 

I have this one and used it on several springers still going strong, mine has good glass.
https://www.amazon.ca/Barska-AC10004-Ai ... un+&sr=8-3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:53 am 

Hi there,
I read your post and thought I'd suggest the obvious. Most everybody in the airgun world will use a Hawk, like a Hawk airmax 4-12X40mm as an example. You can google review that one for hours. It's 2020 soon. Airgun scopes have surpassed all expectations.
In my opinion and many others, a $250 dollar Hawk is better than most high end scopes.
Try them on your sub-500 springer you'll have tons of fun with a Hawk recital ( AirMax).
Cap.A