Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Choosing a PCP rifle
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:01 pm 

Jorg wrote:
Wow… perfect luck for me that you own all 4 rifles in question and took the time to comment… thank-you!

So your top recommendation as a 1st PCP purchase would be the Diana Outlaw… and you say it’s also very quiet (I assume your talking about the Canadian version which wouldn't have any baffles or silencer system?).

Do you have any other comments or recommendations I might not have listed or thought to ask?
Keeping in mind :
-quietness
-ease to shoot
-multi-shot
-accuracy up to at least 50 yards
-price

Thanks!

I recommend the Outlaw (depends on what you are shooting) in either 177 and or 22. The 177 I have is very accurate with the 10 gns lowly crosman dome and more accurate with the 10 gns jsb heavies. With the current setting of my Outlaw(planning to tune it down to about 890 in 10gns and hopefully would shoot in 870's in the 15gns H&N) 50m/yards is very much doable with flatter pellet trajectory. Very quiet with only the shroud on. Looks good and worth displaying it, multi shot works great like my other higher end rifles and very easy to shoot compared to your springer which you earlier mention. Price is okay for me because of its looks and performance, fit and finish.. Very light too and almost carbine like with its short shrouded barrel.

You won't go wrong with the Diana. Based on my experience owning the all of the options you've mentioned in your thread.

Goodluck on your decision.. But if you want to go higher end... Air Arms and FX would be my best bet.,

A

Post subject: Re: Choosing a PCP rifle
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:49 am 

Jorg wrote:
What about Canadian's who pest control on local farm land but want a rifle silent enough so they can get multiple follow up shots (not scare all the game with 1st shot).
What rifle's would they use?
As already mentioned, I was leaning towards the Benjamin Marauder because it seems to have good reviews as hunting/pest rifle, quietest PCP on the market, and multi shot ???

So big question is : what do Canadian's use as a multi shot, silent, pest/hunting rifle, accurate at least up to 50 yards ?

thanks

I have them all, springers and PCP. from .177 to .357, the best and most accurate and lethal by far is the .357. Noise have never really concerned me. Pests will recognize the sonic crack of a smoke gun but they seem to be puzzled about the sound of an airgun.
If sound is a big concern you can make you own silencer, that will bring on the anti-gun crowd in spades. A NAPA inline gas pump filter will slip on and do the job and is a benign item when off the gun.
My observation is that silencers are a real big thing for Americans, it's not a concern to me, only Turdeau.