Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:51 pm 

Quote:
In today's Throne Speech the Liberals promised to ban "military-style" firearms and implement a firearms buy-back program. They also repeated a promise to allow municipalities and communities to ban handguns.

This is just the first step. They be coming for rifles that hold more than 10rds. #1 gun used in crimes, are non restricted shotguns, and 22LR rifles. RCMP is a friggin joke, they should go after criminals. Not Law abiding citizens.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:08 pm 

There will be push back. We will see what happens. Join up with those who fight. There are plenty of groups.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 pm 

replicacanada wrote:
There will be push back. We will see what happens. Join up with those who fight. There are plenty of groups.

Oh I fight. But Liberals are like talking to walls. No matter what true facts you bring up, they ignore it. And you can only do that so much, till you are bald.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:58 pm 

Yep, just like right now the whole Toronto areas driving speed limits lower down, and a huge number of new devices will be installed to give speeding tickets..... They just ignore the more and more breaking in and robberies cases and spend the money and human resource in giving tickets as that will balance their deficit budgets ...

Same again, does the criminal will use a legal firearm to do the bad things?!

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:09 pm 

I wrote an email to my local MP. You should to. Be fair and explain that it’s not the law abiding people with legal guns committing crimes, and votes count. Only people with voices can make change. Put the political pressure to work. There isn’t a majority government so it’s very easy to slow down or cause ideas and promises to fail.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:26 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Oh I fight. But Liberals are like talking to walls. No matter what true facts you bring up, they ignore it. And you can only do that so much, till you are bald.

The other political parties in Canada are much more reasonable and receptive to facts -- real facts not the alternative facts that some might believe. Just the other day I saw on TV a Conservative (might have been an NDPer, I can't remember), who said that we can't rush into taking climate change action until we know all the facts.

I agree that it's not wise to charge into something without knowing both sides of the problem. When it comes to science there are two sides to everything.

There was a story the other day that the government was thinking of passing a law that would require gun owners to have chips or something installed on their firearms that will make them biometric authenticated. Any new guns would have to be "smart guns" which can only fire when activated by an authorized user. The story said that this would come into effect by 2030 or 2040 at the latest.

I'm glad I might be too old to care if it's 2040, but if it's only ten years I don't want to start to put computer chips in my guns. I don't like computers that much and I don't want to do updates to all of them every few months. I'll have to sell them before that law takes effect.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:09 pm 

Yes would have to sell my ?? powderburners by then. May anyways as there is no reason to own what I own. Sold off alot of my bows and crossbows already. I call it simplfying my will.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:56 pm 

That's just a joke about the chips ~ did you watch the new FF (Fast and Furious) movie ? The bad guys' guns are all chipped, what happened then?! We have hackers, and so your gun will be hacked and only you can't fire except all the others...

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:50 am 

replicacanada wrote:
I wrote an email to my local MP. You should to. Be fair and explain that it’s not the law abiding people with legal guns committing crimes, and votes count. Only people with voices can make change. Put the political pressure to work. There isn’t a majority government so it’s very easy to slow down or cause ideas and promises to fail.

I have, my MP the only conservative one in Nova Scotia. Hopefully he has some sense. Because I contacted the liberal one before and was a liberal broken record. But the Liberal, NDP, and Greens are all in for some of ban. So even without a Majority, they all share the same common interest. So be 3 against 1.

Penage Guy wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

The other political parties in Canada are much more reasonable and receptive to facts -- real facts not the alternative facts that some might believe. Just the other day I saw on TV a Conservative (might have been an NDPer, I can't remember), who said that we can't rush into taking climate change action until we know all the facts.

I agree that it's not wise to charge into something without knowing both sides of the problem. When it comes to science there are two sides to everything.

There was a story the other day that the government was thinking of passing a law that would require gun owners to have chips or something installed on their firearms that will make them biometric authenticated. Any new guns would have to be "smart guns" which can only fire when activated by an authorized user. The story said that this would come into effect by 2030 or 2040 at the latest.

I'm glad I might be too old to care if it's 2040, but if it's only ten years I don't want to start to put computer chips in my guns. I don't like computers that much and I don't want to do updates to all of them every few months. I'll have to sell them before that law takes effect.

Like I said above, Liberals, NDP, Greens all have a common thing in common, they all agreed on some sort of firearm ban. So it be 3 major parties against, 1. And the RCMP are run by politicians. Even if cities like Toronto Police Chief saying a gun ban won't work. RCMP saying it will. But the liberals, never listened to facts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:42 am 

Maybe its time to ask the MP's to re-evaluate or re-classify airgun separate from powder burner, bec I think its just too much law that doesn't make sense to be applied for an airgun coming from a powder burner and explain that airguns are geared towards more sports and this could hinder the development of sports like 10 meter shooting in the Olympics in the country, ( for example the 500fps is too much restrictive towards the actual rule in this sport, this requires a little bit over 500fps for competing) and we just like it to make to a law that would be supportive for this event and make more sense.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:17 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Like I said above, Liberals, NDP, Greens all have a common thing in common, they all agreed on some sort of firearm ban. So it be 3 major parties against, 1. And the RCMP are run by politicians. Even if cities like Toronto Police Chief saying a gun ban won't work. RCMP saying it will. But the liberals, never listened to facts.

It's a well-known fact that the current government has a long term secret plan to ban not only military-style assault weapons but also handguns and all semi-automatic firearms by the next election. As soon as possible after the next election, they will force computer chips and smart weapons on the shooting public, with regular tracking of where and how you use your gun.

I heard even the CPC have accepted some kind of restrictions on firearms ownership in Canada. Why did they backtrack from their policy of easing and easy gun laws? I hope that the Tories have the backbone to stand up to unnecessary gun laws, especially if they are unreasonable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:54 pm 

ALL guns (ALL OF THEM) are already banned in Canada, unless you have a Federally issued license. That license is only issued after extensive back-ground
checks & your passing a Federally mandated test and firearms course. On top of that, every P.A.L. holder in Canada is checked every single day for status on
charges, by the computer system. Criminals who are banned by the courts of possession of firearms, are not checked - nor is a record made of them that is
av available to police on the street. This should show the commitment against crime & the intent of the government to further harass lawful gun owners. After
all it is only the law abiding, who will obey ANY laws. It is more difficult to go after those who do not obey the laws, thus the government takes the easy way out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:48 pm 

Start looking into the UN agendas and there you will learn why things are happening the way they are. There you will learn about their amazing ideas on fixing this planet.....

Artemis CR600W .177
Diana Stormrider .177
Seneca Dragonfly MK2 .177

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:25 am 

pistolero wrote:
Maybe its time to ask the MP's to re-evaluate or re-classify airgun separate from powder burner, bec I think its just too much law that doesn't make sense to be applied for an airgun coming from a powder burner and explain that airguns are geared towards more sports and this could hinder the development of sports like 10 meter shooting in the Olympics in the country, ( for example the 500fps is too much restrictive towards the actual rule in this sport, this requires a little bit over 500fps for competing) and we just like it to make to a law that would be supportive for this event and make more sense.

I suggested years ago, to pare up with a firearm group, and try and fight for airgun rights. But seems Canada and the US, most rather do nothing. Sorry, I think it's kinda late. Butterfly effect has already started.

I tried to change NS opinion on using airguns for hunting, and they still see someone trying to shoot something with a red ryder.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:28 pm 

The "push" to ban firearms has been going on longer than 80 years, in Canada and the States. The States have the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution.
We have only British common law that is basically not recognized any more & over time, the ownership of firearms has been 'changed' to being a privilege
instead of the right, under Common Law, that it is.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next