Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: For the springer guys
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:08 pm 

https://www.opticsplanet.com/s/air-gun- ... compressor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:44 pm 

very cool but for $100 i'll stick with my home made one.... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:55 pm 

Ace wrote:

Remember the days when a buck was a buck (2007)? That $100 US compressor will cost you more than $200 with economy shipping.

Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 69.16 KiB | Viewed 1363 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:07 pm 

Hmm! Their things are good~ And for the reason about keeping a tool I don't use once or twice a year it's a bit unnecessary investment...

It said free handling and shipping... Don't know includes Canada or not... Didn't notice it's from the States ...

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:17 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
Ace wrote:

Remember the days when a buck was a buck (2007)? That $100 US compressor will cost you more than $200 with economy shipping.

dint even notice that ... :shock:
even worse then.... :|

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 pm 

Optics planet has a canadian web sight, I started off there. I dont know what happened.
But if you dont have access to the right tools these would be a good addition without the fuss.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:28 am 

GarthThomas wrote:
Optics planet has a canadian web sight, I started off there. I dont know what happened.
But if you dont have access to the right tools these would be a good addition without the fuss.

Wouldn't pay 200$ for something that 20$ can build or maybe free depending on what you got. That you only need once or twice.

A piece of cardboard, couple chunks of wood ( mainly to protect the door frame ) a door frame and you scissor jack from your car.

Or some 1x6, and some brackets, bolts/ nuts. Most lumber yards will cut it for you, for a small price Then just gotta glue 2 pieces together, put in the brackets, bolt together, to make a 3 sided box. If you don't want to use your door frame.

Pipe clamp, bar clamps, soo many other options.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:18 am 

Yes I built my own myself and I have used it dozens of times. Every springer I acquire meets the spring compressor. I put this up for those who dont have easy access to hardware and materials and who value their time and dont want to be second guessing their engineering skills. Thats all

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:38 am 

I built my own mainspring compressor about 20 years ago using a bench vice and it works great. I got the general plans from Tom Gaylord's book in the Beeman R1. It's overbuilt but I didn't know better at the time and it's extremely sturdy.

I also recently bought the Rail lock mainspring compressor. I didn't like how it clamped to the dovetail rails and it actually did slip off once. It was unable to hold things in a straight line. I tried it on an old HW50 with threaded endcap but I couldn't get it back together because the rail lock could not keep everything straight. As a result i ended up using my old mainspring compressor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:35 pm 

Well worth the money! It has worked for every springer for me and not an issue and I have had mine for about 3 years. If you like to tinker and work on your own guns it is a great asset. You probably won’t get free shipping to Canada. I had mine sent to Lewiston NY and picked it up there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:02 am 

Just wondering instead of buying or making a spring compressor why dont you guys use irwin grips is there a reason? Just wondering why everyones so fasinated with spring compressors when imnpretty sure irwin grips do the same thing. I use them for my gas spring.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:03 am 

Dukemeister wrote:
Ace wrote:

Still less than D&L Airgun, which sells it for $215 plus taxes and shipping:

https://dlairgun.com/collections/sun-optics-maitenance