Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:58 pm 

Another reason why you should need to pass an IQ test before you can own an airgun:

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/teen-arrest ... -1.4762260

Could some please tell me what this person was thinking, before he tucked a replica airgun into his pants & went to school.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:22 pm 

Don't worry. Darwin usually has a solution for these people, he has the police shoot them. Can't fix stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:24 pm 

yep you cant fix stupid, he was thinking he was cool.... :roll: :rolleyes:
and were are his parents, they need to share some of the blame as well :axe:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:47 pm 

Our public is really too sensitive now a days, however they have reasons to be so...

And this stupid is really so stupid to do so....

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:04 pm 

Ace wrote:
yep you cant fix stupid, he was thinking he was cool.... :roll: :rolleyes:
:

:ANAL: :?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:31 pm 

Quote:
..there was no ammunition in the weapon, and there were no reports that he shot the gun, [nor] threatened, or intimidated other students.
{yet}
The boy was charged with possession of a weapon and carrying a concealed weapon...
:rolleyes:
how am i ever to meet wllm995 in his car in the McDonald's parking lot then drive home with one in a cereal box?, or paper bag?.

(sorry for not treating the Colt 1911 as if it were loaded) :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:41 pm 

i just picked up a P365 from Gorilla at the post office..
drove home.

was i in possession of a weapon and carrying a concealed weapon?
:evil:
it too was unloaded and I neither threatened, or intimidated other[s].

maybe i'll turn my self in.,
CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips...
i could use the money.
i bought a spare mag.
:drinkers:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:05 am 

Leon Yrag wrote:
Quote:
..there was no ammunition in the weapon, and there were no reports that he shot the gun, [nor] threatened, or intimidated other students.
{yet}
The boy was charged with possession of a weapon and carrying a concealed weapon...
:rolleyes:
how am i ever to meet wllm995 in his car in the McDonald's parking lot then drive home with one in a cereal box?, or paper bag?.

(sorry for not treating the Colt 1911 as if it were loaded) :oops:

You need to buy another air gun 1st!

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:05 am 

wllm995 wrote:
You need to buy another air gun 1st! :shock:

whaaa?
you got any left?
:P
________
hangin' in
hangin' on
hangin' 'round

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:33 am 

YepYep wrote:
Our public is really too sensitive now a days,

It's true.. People are wet blankets.

In an around 2002 I was expelled from High School. Fought and got back in. 2001 I joined the Infantry reserves, and we got issued a multi tool. Something like that always came in handy. Well I used to carry it when I wasn't at work. I would always take it off before school and put it in my locker, and end of the day put it back. One day it fell out. WELL you think I was going to go on a stabbing spree.

It had a broken blade and really couldn't cause much damage. Heck I still carry a pocket knife with me to this day.

But to your second part.. "There is reason for them to be" No there isn't, Most of these shootings and such are just for attention. If the media and such. Stop giving them them the attention, they desire. There would be less. I know back in my day, we fought and that was it. I mean I got plenty of scars from being bullied ( I cannot even say my own name, Robert.The I cannot pronounce my R's ) and I never shot up a school, or mass murdered people. There isn't a excuse.

Media, parents and such, blame the video games, music, etc.. But only person to blame is the kid, sometimes the parents. But poor excuse. My Wife was beaten as a child and don't have highschool. And she excellent at English, writing and other stuff, very passive, non aggressive. Shes no where near her parents, and if you knew, you'll understand.

Back to my Wet Banket statement. 12 years later I went to college. I had this 19 year old kid, that seen me pulled over by the cops. I had a modified car, that stood out, and place I hung out, always gather cop checkpoints. So I went thru, realized I couldn't find my insurance and told the officer, I'm just going to pull over to check. Monday when I got to school rumors and such were floating around. This kid, had a V6 automatic charger, and kept on calling it American Muscle. I called it Gay.. Well up to the guidance counselor I went. LAME... They were making me like I was some homophone. Well I put her in her place quite fast.

So fast forward to few years later. I got asked if I wanted to go back to college and refused.

The world needs to be less sensitive, and put big boy pants on.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:35 am 

Leon Yrag wrote:
i just picked up a P365 from Gorilla at the post office..
drove home.

was i in possession of a weapon and carrying a concealed weapon?
:evil:
it too was unloaded and I neither threatened, or intimidated other[s].

i could use the money.
i bought a spare mag.

Well technically it was still a package, and not concealed. Now if you pulled it out,and stuffed it in you waist band. Then it would be concealed. If you pulled it out and put it in a case, or container. It wouldn't be concealed. You don't need a ATT to pick up a restricted firearm from the post office. Because as long as it still sealed. Its still a package.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:48 am 

Yes, Robert, I agree to you and sorry that I didn't make it clear... Yeah, the media makes the situation worse and give the reason to the public or say scare the public about that.

The old days are long gone...

Found some old pictures for my age... When I am still young, saying 30 years ago, about the same age as the youths on the picture, we did have the stands to entertain ppl with shooting ballons around the street corner...

Ppl will be scared by the things they don't know. And that's it, proper education will just give ppl about the necessary knowledge.... And the media just go the other direction of the road to make it worse... Image

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:50 am 

Leon Yrag wrote:
i could use the money.
i bought a spare mag.

No, no~ let me turn you in~ I need the money more than you~ [emoji38]

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:26 am 

YepYep wrote:
Yes, Robert, I agree to you and sorry that I didn't make it clear... Yeah, the media makes the situation worse and give the reason to the public or say scare the public about that.

The old days are long gone...

Found some old pictures for my age... When I am still young, saying 30 years ago, about the same age as the youths on the picture, we did have the stands to entertain ppl with shooting ballons around the street corner...

Ppl will be scared by the things they don't know. And that's it, proper education will just give ppl about the necessary knowledge.... And the media just go the other direction of the road to make it worse... Image

Those old days are not as long as you think. 10 years ago, people were not as offended. It wasn't a hate crime to disagree with someone, you didn't offend them by assuming their gender. That was all caused by the squeeky wheel getting the grease. We gave these people a inch, when we shouldn't. And now its all because one side getting more attention than the other.

I mean the world revolves around the USA. And I personally hate that. Trudeau is basing gun laws and such what happening in the world. That doesn't happen here. There been one or two school shooting in 30 years, that means the guns laws are working. Media is just a means of controlling people. You say someone is bad, your going to convince those people that its bad. I learned how bad media was when I was over seas. NOT once did the media say anything positive to what we were doing over here. All the people back home knew, another solider was killed.

Alot of Highschools had shooting ranges in the basement. Gun control was popular, even tought in schools. But people became pussies and OMG. The high school in town had a shooting range in the basement. But these ages and times, men are not men. I bet many don't even know how to use a screw driver, they are dependent on other people to do most basic stuff.

Schools teach liberalism and other useless stuff these day. And nothing really real world. Heck you cannot fail a kid till I think Grade 7. They took out shop, home economics and other useful programs. My wife was shocked at how I can cook, clean sew and do other things.

Now I'm not saying what the original post is was right. This isn't a excuse. But they need to stop holding these kids hands these days, giving them participation rewards for failing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:27 pm 

:thumbs:
We can't do much to change the world, hope my kids would be better...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender