Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Kral rifle
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:37 am 

Tinkering getting myself a KRAL Puncher One 0.25, the price is very attempting vs
Kinda like the skeleton guns more then the wooden stock/body, also expecting shall be much lighter overall and I can balance the weight more to my liking. The barrel length is also decent size for longer shots.
Is this model discontinued? Cannot find any manual online.
How can I fill the tank simultaneously? I have my 1 liter airtanks (1450 psi filling at a scuba shop), I made my QB78 connected with a hose to a tank that is hanging from a sling and I can walk around for hours worth of air.
Anybody first hand experience? or can show me this gun anywhere in Greater Toronto Area?

Post subject: Re: Kral rifle
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:01 am 

Did you connect your QB with a quick disconnect? Can't you do the same with the Puncher One? There's a nipple on the side like the Condor.

Rich

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:58 am 

Castle02 wrote:
Did you connect your QB with a quick disconnect? Can't you do the same with the Puncher One? There's a nipple on the side like the Condor. Rich

Yes, I connected my QB to the tank with the quick disconnect and if I need I can disconnect for 2-3 shots consistent pressure for velocity, also have a holster for the tank and I can freely walk around when all connected.
The Puncher One pictures all over the web showing one side only, I don't see a nipple like on other Kral guns.
This only holding me back from buying, if anybody can confirm I can connect a tank I will pull my CC.
The other option I am considering is the Kral Puncher NP-03, only thing holding back is a short barrel.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:20 pm 

I forgot to mention. The Kral Puncher Jumbp I have in .25, has a completely different size quick disconnect. The QD on all my other pcp can use the same one, but not the Kral. Enclosed is a pic. The Kral is on the left.

Rich

Attachments:
quick disconnect.jpg
quick disconnect.jpg [ 367.64 KiB | Viewed 553 times ]

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:32 pm 

Castle02 wrote:
I forgot to mention. The Kral Puncher Jumbp I have in .25, has a completely different size quick disconnect. The QD on all my other pcp can use the same one, but not the Kral. Enclosed is a pic. The Kral is on the left.

Rich

What thread is on the other end of the Kral fill connector?
What do you need to attach it to a standard female Foster quick disconnect on a PCP hand pump?

Duke ))))----//----------==

HW97K .22
Cometa Fusion Premiere .22
Hatsan AT44-10W .22
Hatsan AT44-10MW .22
Atremis Hybrid PCP .22
Daisy 953 .177

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:56 pm 

The end is male 1/8" bspp thread, I believe. You need a quick disconnect with female threads.

Attachments:
quick.jpg
quick.jpg [ 554.58 KiB | Viewed 544 times ]

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:25 pm 

bigHUN wrote:
....The other option I am considering is the Kral Puncher NP-03, only thing holding back is a short barrel.

I am also eyeing the NP03 but have not had any luck on finding reviews on the net. Anybody has one and care to give some pros and cons?
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:37 pm 

Castle02 wrote:

Rich

The important question I have is, does the KRAL Puncher One 0.25 have a fill port I can use an external tank with, or is only way to refill by removing the tank???

I don't worry about finding or re-matching the fittings for an external hose, takes only a good research and sourcing. I'm getting unlimited tank fills for $60 a year in a diving shop and that is $30/ea for two bottles, one is always a backup and full. For that money I won't even think about getting a hand pump.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:47 pm 

A quick look again into several Kral specs @ CSS
not seeing anywhere what is the operating pressure on these guns, or call this again like a regulated pressure. Only number they posting is the filling pressure of 2900 psi or whatever.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:52 pm 

bigHUN wrote:
A quick look again into several Kral specs @ CSS
not seeing anywhere what is the operating pressure on these guns, or call this again like a regulated pressure. Only number they posting is the filling pressure of 2900 psi or whatever.

500CC tank at 250 BAR ( 3625.94 PSI )

https://kralarms.com/en/urun/puncher-one/

I don't think there are regulators in these models.

Fill port is on the right side. Male foster. I believe they copied the spin loc design of the Airforce.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:43 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
I don't think there are regulators in these models.

Fill port is on the right side. Male foster. I believe they copied the spin loc design of the Airforce.

I'm following this with great interest because I'm also considering getting a Kral from CSS. I spent the better part of this afternoon scouring for answers to OP's question - without success. However, what I have gleaned is that Kral uses their own fill nipple, that's bigger than the standard Foster fitting, on many of their guns. CSS sells the adapter to convert the Kral fitting supplied with their guns (you could screw it directly to a pcp fill hose with BSPP tread) to a standard male Foster to fit the regular female Foster supplied on standard PCP hand pumps, for example. Castle 02showed us a picture of the converted fitting. So, I am guessing that the Puncher One bottle has the Kral nipple on it. The only way to be sure is for CSS, or someone else who has one or has first hand knowledge of it, chimes in.
if it is as I guess, then OP could tether a bottle to the Puncher one.

Duke ))))----//----------==

HW97K .22
Cometa Fusion Premiere .22
Hatsan AT44-10W .22
Hatsan AT44-10MW .22
Atremis Hybrid PCP .22
Daisy 953 .177

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:50 pm 

I would need a new tube (from tank to gun) anyways that holds higher pressure, something same hose as the handpumps, I just need to be flexible enough I can turn around and be mobile. Now how this Kral may become my primary toy I would modify the hose/disconnect with a fitting that Kral needs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:36 pm 

One easy fix on the Kral Puncher One is to simply take out their crazy fitting on the tank and replace it with a regular foster fitting. Saves having to find the proper adapter, or losing it.
I did that on several of the ones I sold.
Regards,
Wes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:52 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
One easy fix on the Kral Puncher One is to simply take out their crazy fitting on the tank and replace it with a regular foster fitting. Saves having to find the proper adapter, or losing it.
I did that on several of the ones I sold.
Regards,
Wes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Ah, moronic me didn't even think to do that!

Rich

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:31 pm 

I really think getting myself the Puncher One 25 cal, unfortunately all blacks are gone @ CSS. Cannot justify spending a (more then) double $$ for the Condor, and honestly buying blindfolded is already crazy thing to do...amazon at least have a return policy.