Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:49 pm 

Princess Auto is clearing out the Beeman Marksman pump action BB rifle for only $14.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8889164e

Yes, I know it is a cheap BB gun, and is all plastic and only shoots at 300 fps. But really, how can you go wrong for this price, if you want a cheap rifle for the kids, or to just pick up and plink with?

It is about the same price as a tin of pellets.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:00 pm 

You're totally right. I bought one with a glued cracked stock for more than that :lol: and I don't regret it.
Nice plinker for the backyard.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:27 pm 

Tried it out yesterday. Got to say, it's a nice plinker. Good accuracy on a 23 ft. basement range. Did not actually think it would shoot as good as it did for the price.

Adjusts for elevation but not windage, but not needed. Only needed to adjust elevation a little, windage was good. Don't have a chrono but suspect it hits close to 300 fps or slightly more. More powerful & more accurate than most of the Daisy 1894's I have. Little complicated in that the pump has a safety that must be engaged for every pump, as well as a trigger safety that also must be engaged for each shot. But once you get a hang of it, not a problem. Internal 20 shot, BB mag. is on top & real easy to load, esp. if you use a speedloader. And don't need CO2, so that's a bonus.

So for the price, it is a must buy, if you are into springer bb guns.

Over the years I have got some real nice airguns for real good prices at Princess Auto. Chinese break barrel with wood stock for $24, Umarex XBG for $25, Umarex XCP for $20, and Swiss Arms 357 shell loading revolver (same as Colt Python) for $70.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:58 pm 

Thanks for the heads up. I purchased 2 of them today. However when I opened the boxes, the sights were off both of them just laying in the box. The plastic is mangled were the sights slide on. Kudos to PA. When I called, they said they would open other boxes to find two complete and exchange them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:48 am 

FYI, the one I bought was perfect (or as perfect as a cheap plastic air rifle can be).

Princess Auto has excellent after sales service. I think their moto is"No sale is final until you're satisfied".