Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Pellet Pistol at Customs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:48 pm 

Hi all,
My Beeman P1 .22 cal 460 FPS with 11.9 grain pellet is still waiting to clear Canadian Customs... Have a look at the UPS tracking records...
One don't need to go to Las Vegas to gamble & loose his money... One can do that at home with Pyramyd Air & Canadian Customs...
I learn my lesson Big Time... never again i'll buy from Pyramyd Air, not even buying a book.
Sorry about the rambling...

Attachments:
IMG_4777.PNG
IMG_4777.PNG [ 213.75 KiB | Viewed 586 times ]
IMG_4767.PNG
IMG_4767.PNG [ 231.52 KiB | Viewed 586 times ]
IMG_4766.PNG
IMG_4766.PNG [ 267.05 KiB | Viewed 586 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:05 pm 

Have you called UPS yet, I'd be doing that for sure. Looks like it cleared customs on the 29th so it's UPS holding it up not the border.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:10 am 

topic84887.html

Please, help yourself and all members of the forum by following the advice offered in the original post.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:55 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Have you called UPS yet, I'd be doing that for sure. Looks like it cleared customs on the 29th so it's UPS holding it up not the border.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Yeah... It looks the customs already released the parcel and it's UPS's warehouse in Quebec somewhere holding it.

And it looks it's moving around the warehouse and should be dispatching for delivery, however give them a call at least give them some push and verify if anything missing that delaying the parcel will be no harm...

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:47 pm 

After this long a period of time, your efforts might be better spent speaking with a Manager at UPS. Get a definitive answer to what's going on.

Also a call to Pyramyd might also be a good idea. I have always found them to be very helpful. If your order is truly lost, I suspect they would resend it. That the reason why you pay the extra fees to Pyramyd, to cover you for these sorts of problems. Sort of like insurance for your loss. Which by the way, I don't think you can get if you go to Vegas.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:48 am 

Do yourself a favour and stop having a hissy fit and take a pill or have a beer.
UPS can be a pain but give them a call first as Wes suggested. Just be patient and wait a little. You will get your pistol eventually.
I order from Pyramyd Air when ever I can't get something in country and have nothing but good to say about their service.
I have received some damaged goods from them in the past which were promptly replaced at no charge to me. One time a item was
on back order for 7 months and they shipped it out as soon as it was in for no extra charge. My last order from them totaled over $150.00
and the UPS brokerage fee was $6.93. All in USD of course. Also it arrived in 6 days from the day I placed the order.
As for the shipping cost it was far less than what some of the Canadian dealers charge. Though I still don't like how they do their invoices.
I hate having to wait as much as anyone but sometimes you just have to be patient. :)

Grunt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:34 pm 

According to my UPS experiences the problem is coming from UPS not PyramydAir or customs.
I ordered several times from PA in the past and never had a problem.

At this point, there's a good chance your package was either lost or badly damaged by UPS. Call them to know what is happening to it. It's the only way to find out what is really happening to it. Everything else is pure speculations.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:52 pm 

Grunt,

Has Pyramyd reduced their brokerage fees? I haven't ordered from them in a while, but last time I was checking, the brokerage fees were around $25-30 (US of course). Which made them about the same price, once you factored in all the other costs & exchange, as most of the CDN sellers.

And yes, I found their after sales services to be topnotch.

Also I see rejeanmartel has not commented in a couple of days. Hopefully his issues with UPS are resolved.

Yes UPS can be a pain in the ***, and yes they have damaged my packages in the past and certainty know how to over charge on the hidden extras, but they do try to provide customer service.

Then again all the delivery companies have issues at one point in time or another. For example USPS has lost my packages on a couple of occasions, and even sent one of my gun purchases to Russia, never to be seen again (supposedly Manitoba & Russia have similar postal codes). And I think I still have a bunch of spare parts sitting in containers in Vancouver that I bought on eBay & Amazon from China and were never processed by Canada Post. I was told by one Canada Post employee, that at any point in time, there are hundreds of shipping containers stilling at the Canada Post depot in Vancouver, awaiting processing. He said they process them when they have the time. This is the risk with untracked international mail.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:36 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Grunt,

Has Pyramyd reduced their brokerage fees? I haven't ordered from them in a while, but last time I was checking, the brokerage fees were around $25-30 (US of course). Which made them about the same price, once you factored in all the other costs & exchange, as most of the CDN sellers.

And yes, I found their after sales services to be topnotch.

Also I see rejeanmartel has not commented in a couple of days. Hopefully his issues with UPS are resolved.

Yes UPS can be a pain in the ***, and yes they have damaged my packages in the past and certainty know how to over charge on the hidden extras, but they do try to provide customer service.

Then again all the delivery companies have issues at one point in time or another. For example USPS has lost my packages on a couple of occasions, and even sent one of my gun purchases to Russia, never to be seen again (supposedly Manitoba & Russia have similar postal codes). And I think I still have a bunch of spare parts sitting in containers in Vancouver that I bought on eBay & Amazon from China and were never processed by Canada Post. I was told by one Canada Post employee, that at any point in time, there are hundreds of shipping containers stilling at the Canada Post depot in Vancouver, awaiting processing. He said they process them when they have the time. This is the risk with untracked international mail.

I don't know if they're more or less expensive than before but it's all included at checkout time.

In my experience UPS is the worst. We mostly use Purolator to ship after using Canada Post for years and received most of our stuff from UPS. A whole lot more stuff get lost or damaged on the way in than on the way out. UPS just does not care and neither does DHL. Purolator is offering us a small rebate over CP but deliver next day instead of next week.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:08 pm 

Sorry about the delay in my response guys.

But yes when ordering from Pyramyd the fees are lower than they were. Remember though the brokerage fees are from UPS not Pyramyd. I don't know why but Wes is right the brokerage fees that UPS charges can vary greatly depending on shipping method. I have in the past been caught out and surprised with paying more in brokerage fees than the item was actually worth.
Pyramyd is now like quite a few US companies which offer all inclusive pricing where all the duties, taxes, fees,etc. is collected at check out.
This ensures that what you pay at check out is all that you pay and is the total cost for you order from Pyramyd. There are no extra charges or surprises upon delivery. I am not sure but I think it has been a few years now since this has changed. Some international companies now do this as well.
As I mentioned before my last order from Pyramyd totaled over $150 and the brokerage fee charged by UPS was $6.93. This compares quite well to the flat rate of $10.00 that Canada Post charges regardless of order purchase value. The secret to ordering from Pyramyd is to order items that show "Ships to Canada" icon. These have all been precleared by Customs and arrive without delay.
The Beeman P1 that was ordered in this case was not precleared for shipment to Canada and may NOT have been marked as sub 500fps. If so then this would definitely pose a problem.
Again like myself and quite few others have said the service that I have received from Pyramyd has been quite excellent and they should not be faulted for UPS, Canada Customs or other peoples mistakes or policies.

Grunt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:55 pm 

grunt wrote:
The secret to ordering from Pyramyd is to order items that show "Ships to Canada" icon. These have all been precleared by Customs and arrive without delay.
The Beeman P1 that was ordered in this case was not precleared for shipment to Canada and may NOT have been marked as sub 500fps. If so then this would definitely pose a problem.
Again like myself and quite few others have said the service that I have received from Pyramyd has been quite excellent and they should not be faulted for UPS, Canada Customs or other peoples mistakes or policies.

Grunt

OP I would be calling CBSA. Because according to the FRT, there are only 3 models that are "not classified as firearms"

Detuned .20 cal, and 2 Detuned 22 cals. Like Grunt said, may not be pre cleared for approval.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:00 pm 

Grunt,

Are you getting some sort of special deal on UPS brokerage charges with Pyramyd?

After hearing from you about new lower brokerage fees with UPS, I tried to buy another airgun that Pyramyd had on sale for 25% off today. It is listed as "ships to Canada".

But again $16 in brokerage fees (US) on a $97.50 order. Once you add in $5 for duty & $12.50 for sales taxes plus shipping, plus exchange, I am again at a similar price to what Canadian sellers are selling it for at regular price. So their 25% off sale is still not enough to cover all the additional fees.

Will still be buying Canadian, unless they have really substantial sales.

FYI, USPS/Canada Post normally does not charge fees on most imports under $150 (the new duty free mail amount under the USMCA).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:59 pm 

BB1 Shooter,

Just double checked my invoice and I don't think I was getting a special deal but you never know.
The original brokerage fee was $6.93. Some of my items were on back order which could explain the difference.
Perhaps they only charged the brokerage fee on the in stock items. Or perhaps it was just an error on their part. Curious.
Just placed an identical fake reorder with Pyramyd to double check and the brokerage fee showed as $17.00.
This time though all the items showed up as being in stock.
I only order from them as a last resort when I can't get what I want in country since like you I find it usually doesn't pay.

Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:02 pm 

We haven't heard from the OP in a while, I wonder if the gun has been delivered?

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:59 pm 

No, it's still waiting customs clearance...