Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:09 pm 

I sent out a couple of emails after the discussion in another thread about US suppliers shipping by UPS. I sent a long winded email to Pyramid Air about the loss of Canadian business because of the UPS charges levied in Canada. I have first hand experience. The cost for UPS to pick it up at the border and deliver was more than my total order! They have no plans to ship by USPS. I guess we are a small market for them.

However one supplier, has no problem shipping USPS. Here is the link http://straightshooters.com/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:50 pm 

Hi Crosshair54,
Yes, it's me that i post those 2 threads about Pyramyd Air shipping pellet guns to Canada by UPS. My Beeman P1 .22 cal. still has not clear Customs yet... It's been waiting for clearance since January 29th. I contacted UPS, they told me my Beeman is waiting for inspection by Customs. Customs will probably chronied it...
I contacted Pyramyd Air & they said they're not responsible for pellet guns not clearing Customs....
Will never order from them again. I learned my lesson.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:31 pm 

Here are the emails i received from Pyramyd Air & UPS, concerning my Beeman P1 .22 cal. for not having clear Customs...

Attachments:
IMG_5072.PNG
IMG_5072.PNG [ 318.69 KiB | Viewed 284 times ]
IMG_5071.PNG
IMG_5071.PNG [ 299.25 KiB | Viewed 284 times ]
IMG_5070.PNG
IMG_5070.PNG [ 283.2 KiB | Viewed 284 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:23 am 

Crosshair54, I spoke with a customer service person at Pyramyd a number of years ago, about possibly shipping to Canada via USPS, but they advised me that UPS was their exclusive shipper, and therefore could not/would not ship any other way. Told me it was company policy & high lever decision. So speaking with customer service will probably not have any effect.

rejeanmartel, I had a similar problem a number of years ago when I bought a Crosman 44 .177 pellet revolver on eBay from USA. Sent USPS/Canada Post, but was stuck in customs for more than a month. Finally, after more than a month, Canada Post gave me a phone number for Canada Border Service, and after a number of calls to different people at CBS, I was finally put in touch with the firearms inspector. He found my Crosman and cleared it and called me back in less than a half hour. He said problem was that it was mis-classified on customs form. He also said, it might have sat for months, if I did not call.

Is your airguns more or less than 500 fps?

Maybe get the CBS phone number from UPS, and make some calls.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:35 am 

rejeanmartel wrote:
Here are the emails i received from Pyramyd Air & UPS, concerning my Beeman P1 .22 cal. for not having clear Customs...

That's a Canadian Custom problem, not PA, or UPS. No amount of emails to them, will solve it. You need to call CBSA.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/bis-sif-eng.html
Within Canada

Toll-free
1-800-461-9999

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:30 am 

How about airtravel?
I am flying out to Charleston for a vacation trip mid March. I don't expect that I will find any high end airguns in South Carolina, but still hoping if I could pickup one. I understand that I must declare it in my way back entering the airport, but what is best things to behave when entering to Canadian Customs at arrival.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:59 pm 

I too reccomend calling the number. They may act a bit unfriendly but usually you can get someone to hear you out and it will be quickly resolved after that. This has been my experience anyway on three occasions I remember. One by email and two by phone.
Regards,
Wes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:10 pm 

Regarding BigHuns question, has anyone tried bringing across over 500fps rifles without an frt sheet saying it's unrestricted? Any stories on that? I suppose you could get lucky and happen to bring one that a dealer here has done the work to get approval for, but I'm wondering what they do if you try to bring something that is not suppressed, or with the suppressor removed and present yourself to the customs agent with the gun and your PAL but no paperwork.
Thanks,
Wes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:23 pm 

GOOD QUESTION, Wes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:25 pm 

Thanks for the useful link to CBSA leadslinger.

rejeanmartel, you might want to stick with buying from CDN sellers. May cost you a little more $$$. But you may have less aggravation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:26 pm 

What is a full description for that "frt sheet" so I can look it up?
Also, in another thread somewhere here @ the forum somebody mentioned " I would preregister the rifle in my name and mail the U.S. Airgun company my cfc papers and a photo copy of my P.A.L."
I don't understand these acronyms, anybody can educate me about?

Since I will be "over there South" and don't want to buy any black listed items, then I would need to educate myself not to get into conflicts in my way back.

I would really like to stick with Canadian suppliers but is unpredictable "what" and "when" will arrive and at the end with "what price tag". The airguns in my interest already sitting on shelf in US and the price is known.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:54 pm 

Much of what isn't in stock somewhere in Canada, is likely to be deemed inadmissible here to start with.
Any gun with a shroud is now deemed to be inadmissible.

You would not be able to bring back a restricted firearm from the States anyway & there is no way for you to register one there to bring back.

Non restricted nor non prohibited firearms have a registration requirement here in Canada (Quebec is the only exception). For someone in Canada to import a

restricted firearm, they would need an FFL specifically for restricted firearms (I expect).

I expect cfc means Canadian Firearms Centre. P.A.L. means Possession Acquisition License.

FRT - is the Firearms Reference Table - it is a designation or number given to "RCMP allowed firearms" from foreign countries that they have deemed admissible.
All firearms in Canada come under the or a FRT # or designation.

About 39 search results for "FRT"
Firearms Reference Table | Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Firearms Reference Table The Firearms Reference Table (FRT) is a comprehensive list of firearm descriptions and classifications.
The online FRT is used by law enforcement to assist with domestic and international policing, firearms tracking and counter-
terrorism initiatives. Access to the online FRT is only for users authorized by the RCMP. Authorized users
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/f ... ence-table
Firearms Reference Table (FRT) Web - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

also found this- about contact.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/f ... ence-table

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Much of what isn't in stock somewhere in Canada, is likely to be deemed inadmissible here to start with....

Q:
Lets take the FX Impact for example...There were some sales in the past years, but currently unavailable from our local dealers and a big question is when the new shipments will arrive and with price tag. I don't want to wait 3-4 more months to end-up empty handed. These are currently available South of the border but being popular brand/model not sure how long these will last on shelf's.
I am travelling there in incoming weeks, if I buy 1 set, shall I expect difficulties to declare when I am back at the border? What paperwork shall I prepare other then my PAL?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:53 pm 

I don't know. Best to call "them" and find out for yourself. That is why I posted the contact info.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:07 pm 

Definitely you'll have trouble with the Impact if you try to bring it across, since the Canadian version has barrels specially made for it to comply with Canadian law. The US version is prohibited on the Frt sheet.
Travis told me a day or so ago he figures his Impacts were finally clearing customs after several months stuck there waiting for clearance. This is for pre-approved rifles. Not looking good for Canadian dealers when the CBSA is purposely sticking guns in storage and charging every day big fees, for guns that have already gone through all the hoops to be approved, almost like they want to drive us out of business.
Hopefully his will be in stock in the next few days.
Regards,
Wes