Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:41 am 

Internet is so it can be patched, or updated or location because elevation, and geographic. Why don't you call FX? But you kinda knew this stuff might/will happen, Esp when you rely on a device that hooks up to your phone. Why I'm hesitant to limit on what programs I have on my phone.

Just on this site, there are 3 trackers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:50 am 

Dukemeister wrote:
They want to sell you FX Chrony 2.0, 3.0, etc and sell your info to make more $.
In your case YepYep, they will be pushing canned pop on you soon, if not already. 8) :drinkers:
It's fine they don't have the camera permission, otherwise they will pushing exactly what I shot to me later.... 8)

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:56 am 

leadslinger wrote:
Internet is so it can be patched, or updated or location because elevation, and geographic. Why don't you call FX? But you kinda knew this stuff might/will happen, Esp when you rely on a device that hooks up to your phone. Why I'm hesitant to limit on what programs I have on my phone.

Just on this site, there are 3 trackers.
Yeah... That's spooky ~

And for contacting FX, I only left a one star rating with my concern on the Google Play store for this update.

It's no use contacting FX as last time I wanted to do so, I already found out FX doesn't care about this tiny stuff more vs those guns selling for thousands each... On their support page, you can leave anything for any FX products, but no FX radar Chrony on the drop down menu for you to choose for submitting the ticket...

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:22 am 

bigHUN wrote:
They already know everything about you anyway ...

except my mother tongue.

i've been using the same BC credit union for 30 years....
same branch even...
tellers (all 1 of them most times) know me too.

but every time i insert my bank card at their ATM instead of the screen displaying 'Hi Leon',
..it (still) asks "English or French?".
:rolleyes:

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:09 pm 

Leaving the 1 star rating works better than finding their support team...

I got Google sent me an email just now regarding my rating gets a reply from the developers...

FX confirms that's the reason because they use Bluetooth LE (low energy mode), so they have to get the permission of the location info and that's required by Google Andriod since Version 6 (we are talking Version 10 now already). And they told me the App actually not using that info as you will see the location info sharing icon (the GPS icon) on the status bar just like you enable the location/GPS... You won't see that when you running the FX App. And They also said, if they would they are for sure not using that...

It's nice too see a reply from the seller when you have some question or complain.....

Then, when I reply to the message and ask if later in new version they would not use the Bluetooth LE but other Bluetooth support for the Chrony... My email getting bounced back and ask me (again) to go to the FX web site where no FX Chrony on the drop down menu for you...

~Target~

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:42 pm 

unfortunately big business response and treatment of customer feedback.
"We value your opinion"; Value of your opinion=$0.00

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:14 pm 

This is an android permission thingy. You think the OS would behave different? Not mentioning Windows at all, Mr.BG started spooking humans back in version NT or maybe even earlier.
It is up to a developer to accept = and able to make an app at all....or no go further.
I don't think that this FX chrony will be sold by containers/worldwide, it is pretty pricey for a "intelligent" unit on the shelf's, so far.
I am bicycling big distances over summer months, I am using Garmin GPS computers + any kind of (BLE and ANT+) sensors on the bike, Garmin is just one of a few dozen brands connecting to the cellphone and further to the network. The number of users worldwide? Several millions...it is huge.
To be concerned? yes...and no...and yes...and no way, I have no time to think about that, way too many other s*t tiring along the line to take care of.
Your mileage may wary of course.