Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:57 pm
Posts: 1176
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Looks like the Urban Tactical Range where I shoot my power burners is closed for the next while due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Good thing I have lots of air guns and mountains of pellets, CO2, etc. Going to have to rely entirely on my air gun collection and a make-shift basement range to get my shooting fix for the next little while. I am sure many of you are in the same boat. Stay healthy. Stay safe and happy shooting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:45 am
Posts: 2
Burlington Range closed as well, Silverdale is still working though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:57 pm
Posts: 1176
Location: Brantford, Ontario
I used to shoot down at Silverdale all the time. Now that they have m ore than doubled the membership fee and eliminated guest passes, I have not been back. Its unfortunate because it is such a good range. I just can't justify what they are asking given the distance from my house and how often I could get down there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 3168
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Mantis wrote:
I used to shoot down at Silverdale all the time. Now that they have m ore than doubled the membership fee and eliminated guest passes, I have not been back. Its unfortunate because it is such a good range. I just can't justify what they are asking given the distance from my house and how often I could get down there.


What happens when a idiot disobeys and doesn't follow the rules. Cost them thousands in upgrades.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:57 pm
Posts: 1176
Location: Brantford, Ontario
leadslinger wrote:
Mantis wrote:
I used to shoot down at Silverdale all the time. Now that they have m ore than doubled the membership fee and eliminated guest passes, I have not been back. Its unfortunate because it is such a good range. I just can't justify what they are asking given the distance from my house and how often I could get down there.


What happens when a idiot disobeys and doesn't follow the rules. Cost them thousands in upgrades.


No kidding. The guy who did it should have been horse whipped.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 3168
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Mantis wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Mantis wrote:
I used to shoot down at Silverdale all the time. Now that they have m ore than doubled the membership fee and eliminated guest passes, I have not been back. Its unfortunate because it is such a good range. I just can't justify what they are asking given the distance from my house and how often I could get down there.


What happens when a idiot disobeys and doesn't follow the rules. Cost them thousands in upgrades.


No kidding. The guy who did it should have been horse whipped.


The guy who done it should have been reported to the CFP and have his licensed pulled. I'm a member of a range that had a incident, someone shot a house. There are reasons why there are safety rules.

That guy was kicked out and no longer a firearm owner, They done it a couple times to other members. Then you become a black listed person at other clubs. Range just increased the size of the berm like 10feet, and layered it in rough cut. All you can do now is shoot thru a slot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 888
Location: Meaford, Ont.
I went out to shoot my bow today. Our full range is open and remaining open. Got to do social distancing and no club events. Also absolutely no visitors. Only paid members allowed in and if you are caught bringing in a guest you are automatically kicked out of the club and you lose your dues. Glad it is remaining open as when it is warmer I go out to the bush coarse every evening and shoot bow at the rubber 3D animals. CHEERS!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 3168
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Both of the shooting clubs in the Valley, have been shut down until further notice. Province went state of emergency ( only 28 cases ) but they want people to prevent from being in groups. So anyone in a group of 5 or more. Can be fined up to 1000$, business 7500$.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO