Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:42 pm 

Tried to go to Cabela's Friday & yesterday. Limit of 20 people allowed into store. Line to get in 20-30 people. Up to 1/2 hour wait. 19 out of the 20 people in the store at the gun counter buying shotguns & buckshot.

Is there another duck hunting season coming up soon?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:21 pm 

I haven't been to Cabelas - ever. But my money would be on one of these:

Attachments:
jombie.JPG
jombie.JPG [ 21.86 KiB | Viewed 418 times ]

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:56 pm 

Buckshot is not for bird hunting.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:03 pm 

was talking to a guy that works at the local Canadian Tire.He said he sold more guns and boxes of ammo in the last week than the previous 12 months.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:23 pm 

Daryl, you are right. But I was being sarcastic.

No real reason to stock up on buckshot in March, unless people are fearing something real bad is around the corner.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:25 am 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Tried to go to Cabela's Friday & yesterday. Limit of 20 people allowed into store. Line to get in 20-30 people. Up to 1/2 hour wait. 19 out of the 20 people in the store at the gun counter buying shotguns & buckshot.

Is there another duck hunting season coming up soon?

Panic buy of ammunition and guns down in the states. Also on April 1st CCI Blazer and Federal ( forget the ammo line ) is going to raise their price of ammo, 5- 10% or something like that. Also people think the World is collapsing and wants guns for safety. Got a buddy that many of his non PAL owning friends, asking him to borrow guns, or help them get their PAL in a couple days. Then ones with licenses asking for ammo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:39 am 

Quote:
Panic buy of ammunition and guns down in the states. Also on April 1st CCI Blazer and Federal ( forget the ammo line ) is going to raise their price of ammo, 5- 10% or something like that. Also people think the World is collapsing and wants guns for safety. Got a buddy that many of his non PAL owning friends, asking him to borrow guns, or help them get their PAL in a couple days. Then ones with licenses asking for ammo.

I’m pretty sure there isn’t too many PAL courses going on right now.

Also the panic buy isn’t just the USA. My local gun shop said it’s busier than its ever been right now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:42 am 

replicacanada wrote:
Quote:

Also the panic buy isn’t just the USA. My local gun shop said it’s busier than its ever been right now.

Never said it was just in the USA. Though it originated down there, and people up here just followed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:06 am 

replicacanada wrote:

Not in Nova Scotia, that's for sure. I was registered for a course that was supposed to happen today. They cancelled it over a week ago and aren't issuing refunds. They're just keeping it as credit on a future course- which frankly I think should be illegal.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:15 pm 

Don't need to buy ammo. Got bullets, got powder, black powder and smokeless, primers & 42 sets
of reloading dies and 4 presses to load ammo, plus 3 shotshell bench mount presses. I prefer
the Ponsness Warren for the 12 bores, smokeless and BP.
Also, have 82 sets of mould blocks in all of the sizes of rifles & shotguns I shoot. Also have
about 400 pounds of lead.
Also, have thousands of rounds of .22 LR and a bunch of guns to shoot it from. The Remington
white plastic buckets hold 1,400rounds each.
So no, no need to go to Cabalas. My shooting sports are well covered- under quarantine anyway,
for another 6 days.
My bro just took my truck out and filled it up with Diesel at $0.929 per liter (Costco). Cost 100.+change
for 109 liters. It was just under 1/2 full when he took it in. Tank holds 189 liters.

Last edited by Daryl on Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:20 pm 

Trevor wrote:
replicacanada wrote:

Not in Nova Scotia, that's for sure. I was registered for a course that was supposed to happen today. They cancelled it over a week ago and aren't issuing refunds. They're just keeping it as credit on a future course- which frankly I think should be illegal.

When my wife and I were trying to get flights out of Australia, we had to book through a travel agent in Melbourne as booking ourselves was proving to be impossible. So we booked. 2 days later on our way to the Adelaide airport, 14 to 16 hour drive away along the South Highway, that flight was cancelled.
The travel agent applied for a refund from Air Canada, but kept the $3,086.+ and they are holding it as a credit for 1 year, against future flights booked through them. Most of the other travel agents had already closed down. So - will we be able to use that credit? Yes, if that company doesn't go belly up, I guess and as long as this virus is over in less than 1 year I might be able to use it. Otherwise we lose that 3 grand. We already lost over $3,000.00 on that trip from pre-bookings of hotels, inter-country flights, etc. We had to drive 9 hours back (after learning of the cancellation) to Sydney to re-book for the flights home, that got us home on the 20th, just before THEY closed the country. We're on day 7 of quarantine, but are both feeling fine and confined, both. Oh well.
IT happens.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:27 pm 

Daryl wrote:

The travel agent applied for a refund from Air Canada, but kept the $3,086.+ and are holding for a credit for 1 year, against future flights booked through them. Most of the other travel agents had
already close down. So- will we be able to use that credit? Yes, if the company doesn't go belly up, I guess and as long as this virus is over in less than 1 year. Otherwise we lose that 3 grand. We
already lost over $3,000.00 on that trip from pre-bookings of hotels, inter-country flights, etc. We had to drive 9 hours back (after learning of the cancellation) to Sydney to re-book for the flights home, that got us home on the 20th, just before THEY closed the country.
IT happens.

We were in a similar situation. We were in the states when all this hit. We were at universal studios when the email came that both our cruise and Disney had shut down. Luckily the cruise gave us a full refund. Disney would not. That being said, we called Disney again and after much discussion we got out resort and tickets refunded. We had to book new flights on our own to get home earlier as we had no place to stay for a week and wanted to get back to Canada ASAP- which was the smartest decision we've ever made. Air Canada gave us a one year credit as well. Who knows if we'll use it. If I were you though I would call every hotel and demand your money back. Sometimes it works. Good luck-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:10 pm 

Thanks for the suggestion, Trevor. We are already in touch with the receivership outfit on a % age reimbursement on the bus tour
at Ayer's Rock. Some others said "NO MONEY BACK PERIOD. We did gets some, but still 3 grand + down, + the 3 grand for the flights.
That was an expensive 10 days. Supposed to be 6 weeks.
We also were lucky to get out when we did. It would have been a LOT more expensive if we were stranded on that island. It was quite
phenomenal what it cost to visit there. Beer ran $62.00 to $92.00 per 24 & up to $26.00 for 6 - yes- $104.00 for 24 that way. Even hostel
rooms were $125.00 per night, others in motels were more, around $150.00. Our last night there in Sydney at a Hotel beside the airport was
the cheapest at $110.00 for a lovely room, much better than any others we stayed in. How many nights can a person afford at $110.00 per
night, minimum. How many months stuck in that country at $3,300.00 per month + food?
Yes - lucky to get out when we did.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:40 am 

Trevor wrote:
replicacanada wrote:

Not to sound racist but, alot of airsoft or Chinese run businesses do that. Quick to take your money and then if something out of stock won't inform you.

But I don't need ammo, ranges are closed anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:57 pm 

There is nothing racist about stating facts, regardless of what "some" say.