Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:58 pm 

Hey guys!

So ive got the artemis CR600W on the way, I scoop it tomorrow at the post office !

I wanted to get a sling on it for ease of transportation and quick impromptu tension while shooting while hiking in the woods.

I also want to get a bipod for table set ups, distance shots etc.

I am curious how this works. Do I need to drill into the gun stock to add a bipod and sling?

Are there any designs that dont involve drilling into the brand new gun :P for example maybe smoking like an acoustic guitar strap where you have a rope loop tied on ?

Maybe important to mention I am adding a front barrel band, not sure if that will conflict with bipod mounting etc.

Sorry newb question :shock:

Thanks so much!

Crossman Backpacker .22
1970s Relum Telly .177
1970s Slavia Liberty .177
Crossman 357 .177

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:40 pm 

I have UTG bi-pods on my guns.there are alt.,to a bi-pod.IE Primos shooting sticks,otherwise generally your drilling at least 1 hole.Depending on where you place the barrel band,you might be able to in co-orberate a stud there

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:02 am 

Barrel-band/sling/accuracy do not go well together.
- You'll be putting tension on the barrel

You'd be better off installing some (solid) sling studs

And while at it, learn how to use a 1907 sling 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsUaujfiB8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:28 pm 

Interesting video. The position those fellows had in the middle of the video, in front of the soldiers, will only work with an enclosed semi-auto
rifle. Of course, they were holding M1 Garands. That position, with the face over the wrist will not work with an action such as the Swedish
semi-auto nor with a bolt gun. The bolt gun will have to be dismounted from the shoulder just to work the bolt. With the Swedish semi-auto,
the huge slide will smack the face of the shooter - in THAT position.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:10 pm 

I've been using a 1907 sling on bolt action gun just fine. Depending on your body/neck length, before working the bolt, just lift your head slightly.

Unless you're left-handed, I don't see why you'd be smacked by the cocking handle? Unless we're talking about a different gun than the M42. Never had any issue when I had mine :?

Here's guy with a bolt gun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzupjZQseVQ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:49 pm 

Note, those guys have their faces and eye right where the Swedish rifle's block comes slamming back.
Different style entirely from the British or any other military. Why even have a cheek-piece on the rifle,
they aren't using it and as well, they have no cheek weld that they are always talking about. Their cheek
is on their thumb.
I use/used an Anschutz sling, that goes around the upper arm, just as they have placed the loop, but it goes
straight to the forend in front of the hand-stop, with a quick disconnect clip, normally. It is not attached to the
butt, only to the forend, in front of the hand-stop. The face is given a hard weld to the comb, not the thumb and
the bolt is activated without moving the face from the stock.

Attachments:
Anschutz Sling.jpg
Anschutz Sling.jpg [ 22.24 KiB | Viewed 871 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:44 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Note, those guys have their faces and eye right where the Swedish rifle's block comes slamming back.

Weird, you must had a defective rifle. If we're talking about the Lungman m/42, nothing goes back further than inside the dust cover?

Your cheek weld on the prone position ought to be the same whether you use a 1907 or a Anschutz sling

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:18 pm 

Guess that wasn't the rifle I was thinking about.

That solider in the middle has never fired a scoped rifle, nor one that kicks.

My cheek on my match rifle has always been in the middle of the cheek piece, not 1/2 over the wrist
& very much like the fellow in the Anschutz sling.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:09 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Guess that wasn't the rifle I was thinking about.

That solider in the middle has never fired a scoped rifle, nor one that kicks.

My cheek on my match rifle has always been in the middle of the cheek piece, not 1/2 over the wrist
& very much like the fellow in the Anschutz sling.

Yes because every solider was a sniper and carried a scope rifle. Looks like it from a technical manual for M1 Garand and shooting it with a sling.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:26 pm 

Dumb looking position is all - nose riding his thumb.