Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:43 am 

pete wrote:
today again i shot my favorite (and only) little break barrel rifle. BUT-- this time --thanks to leadslinger-- for giving me the right little rail i needed. i am now able to attach things. today i put my little utg bug buster scope on it. it,s a bit overkill for my small garage-- but it was just collecting dust so i figure i might as well use it. eyes are bad anyway.

Very nice, glad it working out.. If anyone else is interested in adding a rail to these.. Find a rail with 40mm CTC hole spacing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:57 am 

leadslinger wrote:
pete wrote:
today again i shot my favorite (and only) little break barrel rifle. BUT-- this time --thanks to leadslinger-- for giving me the right little rail i needed. i am now able to attach things. today i put my little utg bug buster scope on it. it,s a bit overkill for my small garage-- but it was just collecting dust so i figure i might as well use it. eyes are bad anyway.

Very nice, glad it working out.. If anyone else is interested in adding a rail to these.. Find a rail with 40mm CTC hole spacing.

thanks r. i had a reflex sight on it. but i thought i,d give the scope a try. just fits exactly. and now i got the little pellets scurrying down the same hole after each other.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:17 pm 

Re: What airguns did I shoot in August?

Umarex Browning Buck Mark URX
Webley & Scott Tempest
Crosman Wildcat (well, she shot it)
Umarex Makarov Ultra
IZH/Izhevsky Mechanichesky Zavod Baikal MP 651-K Modular
AirMax Target Master CP1-M
Artemis PP800 PCP .22 (bye!)
Baikal IZH MP-61
Gamo P25
Grizzly B1-1
Daisy Red Ryder - Model 1938ARR Adult model
Umarex Steel Strike
Hatsan Mod. 45
Umarex Beretta M92 A1
Umarex Walther PPK/s

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:37 pm 

Leon Yrag wrote:
Re: What airguns did I shoot in August?

Umarex Browning Buck Mark URX
Webley & Scott Tempest
Crosman Wildcat (well, she shot it)
Umarex Makarov Ultra
IZH/Izhevsky Mechanichesky Zavod Baikal MP 651-K Modular
AirMax Target Master CP1-M
Artemis PP800 PCP .22 (bye!)
Baikal IZH MP-61
Gamo P25
Grizzly B1-1
Daisy Red Ryder - Model 1938ARR Adult model
Umarex Steel Strike
Hatsan Mod. 45
Umarex Beretta M92 A1
Umarex Walther PPK/s

Whoa!
Thank goodness the question wasn't ," What guns didn't you shoot this month?" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:10 am 

Leon:

I have been thinking about the Adult Red Ryder again, since my local Cabela's has them back in stock.

Any idea what velocity they shoot at. Mfg. says 350 fps, but most reviews say it only get in the 260-270 range.

How do you like it.

I never had a Red Ryder as a kid. Bought the Daisy 1894 instead & still using it 40 years later. Never really bought into the whole RR thing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:10 am 

Finally isolated an issue with my TX. So the cocking lever has been wobbly. I’ve been chasing zero on this thing and have no doubt it’s due to the loose lever. I thought the detent was keeping the lever secure during the shot cycle but it looks it was a combination that and a mushroom looking piece of rubber that was supposed to be just a bumper so the lever doesn’t hit the barrel shroud on the return stroke. I don’t think the shroud migrated forward and took the detent forward with it. There’s no gap of any kind where the shroud connects with the rest of the action. So that little rubber bumper was essentially bracing the lever against the detent all this time! What a design flaw. The bumper fell out (another design flaw) and now there’s play on the lever when closed. Cut a small piece of double-sided tape and placed it roughly where the bumper used to be. Secured it with some lead tape. No more play on the lever and the groups have tightened up again. Happy it’s fixed but unhappy as it’s just a matter of time before that piece of tape/foam takes a set and I get some wobble again.

Attachments:
TXBumperFix.jpg
TXBumperFix.jpg [ 167.27 KiB | Viewed 563 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:26 am 

Got a new airgun from a new member..

Gamo Falcon and quite enjoy it.

Honestly for just playing with a spring piston pistol for the first time. I'm not doing bad with it @ 7.5M.

** Was feeding the cats breakfast, figured I shoot another target.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:18 pm 

Not sure what happen but this followed me home picking up a pistol from servicing. The trigger is sublime. Glad my wife has no idea what's new or old.

Attachments:
IMG_2911.JPG
IMG_2911.JPG [ 307.24 KiB | Viewed 524 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:46 pm 

Was getting tired of just resting my air pistols on my work bench when not in use. Decided to utilize a side of my gun cabinet. I was going to attach magnets to the back of pegboard and stick it on. But realized that it wouldn't work. So I drilled my cabinet for bolts, and for extra reassurance.

With nothing open today, or tomorrow. Ill have to wait till Tuesday to gather the rest of the supplies to finish it. Because I also ran out of hooks. So there are 2 or 3 more pistols that can go there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:17 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Was getting tired of just resting my air pistols on my work bench when not in use. Decided to utilize a side of my gun cabinet. I was going to attach magnets to the back of pegboard and stick it on. But realized that it wouldn't work. So I drilled my cabinet for bolts, and for extra reassurance.

With nothing open today, or tomorrow. Ill have to wait till Tuesday to gather the rest of the supplies to finish it. Because I also ran out of hooks. So there are 2 or 3 more pistols that can go there.

lookin good r. i have to keep mine in a box in my closet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:54 am 

pete wrote:
lookin good r. i have to keep mine in a box in my closet.

I wish I had closets. My house litterly has zero closets. But I have a basement to myself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:15 pm 

Harvest season now... Started to shoot the 'strange' targets.....ImageImageImage

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:22 am 

Got this and the rings yesterday. Took the reddot from my CR357, till my other 2 dots come in. Because of the 12mm dovetail, I need to tighten the ring more than I like to. So need head to the hardware store and get some tape to put on the inside of the ring.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:37 am 

Nice shooting Yepyep. At how many feet were you shooting the acorns at?

Also nice looking break barrel. Remind us again what it is, and what mods did you do to it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:33 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Nice shooting Yepyep. At how many feet were you shooting the acorns at?

Also nice looking break barrel. Remind us again what it is, and what mods did you do to it.

Just in my 9 yards basement ~

And there's no serious mods on my HW30s, it's a detuned non PAL 177, just a refinished on the old black color stock and a Apex muzzle brake from Maccari, and then an adjustable butt pad from Amazon (Bisley)...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next