Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:57 pm 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
Finally got a short afternoon pit session in :mrgreen:

There's a look at my pistol form of shooting~ how that group was shot with the 586. Pistol in this picture is my Beretta 92-F pellet by Umarex.

I'm going to try to cadge more pix out of my sister. There's one decent one of me plinking with the Crosman 101....

-D.S.

That picture could have been taken just a bit East of here, near Shelly, B.C. along the Fraser River, which is crown land, and open for shooting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:25 pm 

Daryl wrote:

That picture could have been taken just a bit East of here, near Shelly, B.C. along the Fraser River, which is crown land, and open for shooting.

This pit is a different location from the last photo set I did where you mentioned the same thing. This one's about 20 miles south-east of Richer, Manitoba, along F/G # 13. The location of the previous set is east of Ste. Rita, Manitoba at the end of F/G # 1. There is a good 60-70 mile distance between locations.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:35 pm 

Just saying, they simply look similar to areas around here.
Sand and shotshell cases on the ground.
Of course, other places do look a bit different.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:43 am 

Daryl wrote:
Just saying, they simply look similar to areas around here.
Sand and shotshell cases on the ground.
Of course, other places do look a bit different.

I could say It looks like the pit behind my house, In Nova Scotia. Since sandy pits are not un common. Only difference is that they are not make shift range. Ive seen pictures of pits looking like dump yards by careless sports shooters.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:24 am 

Nice to see the snow has gone there Doc! Good for you that you got a day to enjoy your air rifles and pistols.
My parents are west of the manitoba border an hour or so and the snow is just finally Melting, still in the bush and shade but gone from the sunny places.
Very wet there still?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:42 am 

Hi guys.

Been a very long time since I've been to B.C.
The air and water there are like no other place I've ever been.
I actually fished in the upper Fraser once.
The abandoned gravel pits here that I haunt usually have ground water in them somewhere, and no gravel.
Lot of sand, and unfortunately a lot of crap laying around. The 12 ga hulls seem to be a constant. I've always felt that it must be nice to be rich enough to leave your once fired hulls laying around, but that's just the way I was brought up.
These pits are usually surrounded by birch and willow stands~ what takes over in a man made clearing.
The first pit I ever shot in is now a stand of mature birch trees, so I suppose that dates me a bit.

Finally warming up here. Looking like a normal un-eventful spring for a change weather wise.
Snow has been pretty well gone here for about a week, and there's high water pretty well everywhere.
In a week to 10 days or so, water will be around normal summer levels.
Drove over the floodway on the way out to the pit, and she's pretty well full.

Love getting out and shooting. I shot both artemis pumpers as well, but did not get any pictures. They are both still hitting hard, and the quality glass on them makes them a pleasure to use...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:09 pm 

Great to hear! Sounds like a fun day!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:06 pm 

Back to what airgun thing I did today…. :) ….

I received my NEW E9800-X e-chronograph from High Precision Electronics that I purchased on eBay.
There are a few Sellers there as well as on AliExpress with a 'similar' model. The reason I chose this Seller is that it was shipped from Ontario...not China !!! So got here pretty fast with Canada Post with Tracking. Bought for the same price as on AliExpress..without the LONG wait for delivery.
Haven't yet tested...but seems promising giving both FPS and FPE. This will be quicker to set-up than my trusted Shooting Chrony F-1. when I just want to check FPS.
Cheers!

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
CZ-200S lam. .177
Weihrauch HW50S Stl
Cometa Fusion .22
HatsanAT44&95 .22
FAS 6004T
Weihrauch HW44 .22
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:41 pm 

Tested the new FX Radar I got from Wes, with numbers I ran with the Chinese muzzle chrony. I gotta say the numbers were close.

Wish that the FX had a setting from lowest it can read, to the Highest.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:59 pm 

Went to the range yesterday afternoon. spent most of the afternoon there shooting the M11 and Condor, both .25's.
The JSB's in 25gr were best at 44 yards, behind the 40meter silhouette rack. Was too windy to do much real testing,
but enough to say I was not impressed with either of the Neilson's in the M11. The Condor did best with the 29gr., but
better yet with both Benjamin and JSB pellets.
More testing to do. I didn't have allen wrenches so could not test with different second barrel band position. I now have
one in the .25 cal. box.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:03 pm 

Today I took my qb78 apart and adjusted the trigger. I also tightened some of the internal screws a bit. Now I feel the need to mod by crosman 2289 while keeping it under 500fps. Time to research chronographs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:01 pm 

Trevor wrote:
Today I took my qb78 apart and adjusted the trigger. I also tightened some of the internal screws a bit. Now I feel the need to mod by crosman 2289 while keeping it under 500fps. Time to research chronographs.

Pay shipping and you can have my Chinese muzzle one. It's in MPS, not FPS.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:02 pm 

I installed a huma reg in my Pp700sa and got it close to where I want it for velocity and deburred and resealed my marauder.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:48 am 

An essential piece of kit is a chronograph. Pellet ballistics are a real thing, and muzzle velocity is one of the few ways to know what to do. I'm currently looking for a good one.

I'm also looking at a top end PCP rifle.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 3:50 pm 

Got my parts from R&R. Installed a Benjamin Trail tube cap on my Crosman Summit Ranger. I put the gun was in a Trail stock, and was a good size gap on the backside. And rebuilt the valve on my Crosman 357.

The coldness of my basement, really sucks the power from the CO2. Did a test and dunk the Co2 in hot water for a min, dried the cart and installed. 20 Shots I had it between 470 and 300. Once it went back to like 8 degrees.. It was shooting between 300 and 260 FPS. For 52 more shots.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next