Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: How about 1911?!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:03 am 

This is truly a classic without doubt... I still can't believe such a long life design can be lasting for more than 100 years!

How's the 1911 and what caliber, brand, model, mods etc you recommend?!

Actually my first airgun pistol was a 1911, the Tanfoglio Witness 1911 BB gun.

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine
Camo Chaser long barrel carbine
PP700SA long barrel carbine

Post subject: Re: How about 1911?!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:11 am 

This design by John Browning is really well though of, have been copied by others and newer ones has come based on this design, still sought by a lot of collectors and newbie.

Post subject: Re: How about 1911?!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:23 am 

YepYep wrote:
This is truly a classic without doubt... I still can't believe such a long life design can be lasting for more than 100 years!

How's the 1911 and what caliber, brand, model, mods etc you recommend?!

Actually my first airgun pistol was a 1911, the Tanfoglio Witness 1911 BB gun.

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

Some people love them, some people think they are obsolete technology and hate them.

I owned a 1911 since I was 17 ( my father bought it for me ) I had about 8 1911s. From Norc 5" and 4.5" Commanders. To Springfield, SAM, Colt, Caspian, GSG. 9mm, 45, and 22 LR.

I like Springfield's, but that's just me. Colt Gold Cups are like the cream of the crop in the 1911 world.

This is my Springfield MC Operator with a match barrel. I since put an adjustable rear sight. 1000$ gun, I got for about 450$ used.

And I got a beater SAM 9mm 1911. Collects dust since I got my CZ. I'm probably going to sell it down the road, and pick up a better backup pistol. Glock 17 maybe, or a CZP09. I used to LOVE 1911s and be all about them. But they are like old Harley's. Once you start fiddling with them, you start to run into issues.