Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Benjamin trail np
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:29 pm 

Again, Crosman.ca has most of those parts listed on their website. You have to search by part number so find a parts diagram on crosman.com for the Trail NP and put the part number in the search on crpsman.ca and if they have it you'll find it with along with the price. Free shipping on orders over $35 and the April discount means now is the time to order.

The trigger blade can be upgraded, to a GTX II or a GRTII or WW2 etc, or you can do a roller bearing mod, or a 2 screw mod depending on your skill level. The cheapest is the roller bearing mod; IMO the best is the 2 screw mod that makes the trigger perform like a GTX II for the cost of 2 set screws. You need a drill press and a tap for the setscrews so if you don't have those available, the roller bearing mod is the simplest.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:44 pm 

But crosman would just list the stock part numbers not cross over parts or modifications that they didn’t design

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:05 pm 

Steve S wrote:
But crosman would just list the stock part numbers not cross over parts or modifications that they didn’t design

Crosman will not cross ref parts for you even if it's factory. If you ask, they will give a spiel about modification are not authorized, and refer to your user manual. Because I got a Summit ranger NP2. Online said it has a 15" barrel, the manual is just a generic break barrel one. I bought bunch of Benjamin Trail parts, and the shroud was short. I asked why these parts wouldn't fit, and they informed me that the barrel was actually 19". But gave that spiel I commented above.

So they won't say what NP is more powerful than what you got.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:53 pm 

Yeah that’s why I’m asking here if there are any higher pressure pistons for the trail np

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:53 pm 

Steve S wrote:
Yeah that’s why I’m asking here if there are any higher pressure pistons for the trail np

When I changed mine I believe the 500 FPS had a long piston and less powerful ram (the set I have for sale) and the 900 FPS version had a short piston and high pressure ram. I read someone cut their piston and got an "in-between" powered gun. I would think you could just Crossman your model # and order the replacement parts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:17 am 

I don't think there is a NP higher than the NP2. Unless the new Elite one is more powerful? But I found that while mine shoots 22 pellets high 700s. Any more and it would probably be more un controllable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:55 pm 

Just going to order the stock parts from pyramid Ayr in the states. They don’t have the seal but says it will be restocked in a few days. Thanks for all,the help

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:24 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
I don't think there is a NP higher than the NP2. Unless the new Elite one is more powerful? But I found that while mine shoots 22 pellets high 700s. Any more and it would probably be more un-controllable.

That totally makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:41 am 

So I finally got the new nitro piston. The part number matches and it looks like the one in every video and the picture of the part I ordered. But the end is different from the one I pulled out of the gun. The end of the nitro piston is narrower at the end and this slides into the piston (that being the part that the nitro piston pushes).
Does anyone know what I’m talking about?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:49 pm 

Well I put the piston in and it works fine .