Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:31 am 

Sometimes I use something like this one. You can clue it on cardboard and cut them as standing paper soldiers or just use it as a paper target. from 5m you can go for headshots with small red dot : )

Attachments:
comic Ej. Popular.jpg
comic Ej. Popular.jpg [ 225.04 KiB | Viewed 918 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:21 am 

Maybe it is just me, but prefer not to shoot anything that resembles a human.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:33 am 

Same here, Mac. For years I shot B-27 targets for training purposes - not in the profession any more, so I choose
animals or standard-type targets.
these two sites have downloadable free targets.
http://www.targetz.com
http://www.mytargets.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:31 am 

Same for me too.

Only shoot bull's-eye targets, and cans, small plastic bottles, wine corks, and other similar things.

A friend came back from the USA a while a go (pre-Covid) and brought me Obama & Hillary targets. Just gave them back to him. Even if not a supporter, can't find myself using them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:39 am 

I wouldn't shoot at real people pictures even if I don't like those people, but toy soldiers - c'mon - they are created for toy wars: )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:52 pm 

Here are some i gathered from multiple sources, also, some i created and/or modified.

https://shared.zeroserieux.com/Tmp/targets/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:29 pm 

Many of those appear to be from http://www.targetz.com, which includes Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:14 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Many of those appear to be from http://www.targetz.com, which includes Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

You are correct on that. I believe i had removed the useless ones you speak of then again... i :mrgreen: have a bunch of other on different hdds and well, i believe i had not uploaded them to the server. I got the folders mixed up i guess and thought this had the cleaned up and vectorized versions of some of the pixelated stuff i found on there. I liked converting/reworking crappy raster images to end up with scalable, crisp vectors - i know its only to shoot at but..

I remember some were pretty colorful and funky, thematically enjoyable and also some vectors printable to scale etc.

I have been away for a while but... i'll make a mental note of looking for them on the disks when i can setup a desktop computer somewhere stable and then update the archive.

Anyways! Enjoy yourself, take care!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:28 pm 

Just remembered. Back when I was shooting with a bunch of benchrest fellows at the Barnet range in Burnaby (Coquitlam?), I was told most of them aimed for one of the corners
on the BR square, as it was a repeatable aiming point. The smaller the aiming point that is still visible and repeatable, the tighter will be your groups. Same goes for open sights. The
smaller the aim-point, the tighter you will shoot.
This is especially important in archery when shooting instinctively. Visualizing a dot or button to aim at, at 20 yards, the tighter will be your groups. This 'trait' happens in all aspects of
shooting.
I consistently make tighter groups with my HW97 when aiming at the bullseye ring numbers, than if I aim at the centre. The dot inside these bullseyes makes aiming at the centre a bit
more accurate than if there is not a dot there.

Attachments:
HW 97 .177.JPG
HW 97 .177.JPG [ 673.74 KiB | Viewed 648 times ]