Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:28 pm 

Allan wrote:
Im having a hard time believing your neighbors will hear you shooting CB cap in your basement.. I shoot them 24/7 on my uncles farm and i shoot them next to my AM77 and they are quieter than it! i shoot my AM77 in my garage with the door open all the time.. i got my sister to shoot it and i stood 20 yards away and even at that distance the Air rifle wasnt all that loud..

two weekends ago i missed a sparrow in my back yard with my B4 and it smashed right into our cast iron fence at 6AM in the morning... THAT was loud..

*PINGGG!*

Echoed through out the neighbor hood, LOL.

LOL.. Urban hunting is fun, it mixes in a tactical element with the hunt, ie, avoid the cops.

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:01 pm 

I’ve never shot a CB load so don't know how loud it is, but I still wouldn't shoot it at home; primers (inc. .22 rims) contain lead that's why you need a good ventilation when shooting firearms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:37 pm 
If you are shooting cb caps make shure you have a long barrelled gun.My Bl 22 browning makes quite a bit of noise with it's 18 inch barrel.My Remington speedmaster 24 inch barrel is wisper quiet shooting them.I like the tip of the running lawmower without exhaust.Scare the game away though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:40 am 

Well, I haven't had a chance to dispatch my animal problems (and there is a complicating by-law). I took some to the range and was quite impressed with the low noise, though I don't think the twist rate of my Marlin 39A 24" barrel is optimized for CBs. Accuracy isn't as good as the mini-mags it really likes to fire.

Still, a handy thing to have at hand and after I get my aperture sight installed, it should be a squirrel killer.