Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: This is bad
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:48 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
Not happy with this but were stuck with it for awhile .Being a mod here and all i won't say what i want to .............

I was talking to a police buddy and said. Welp guess we cannot be friends anymore, since I'm a criminal and all.. He is like, I'm in the same boat, as well as half of my department.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:56 pm 

Here’s a working list I’ve been sent
https://pastebin.com/TjaTvP5B
It’s a bad day

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:15 pm 

offroad720 wrote:
Here’s a working list I’ve been sent
https://pastebin.com/TjaTvP5B
It’s a bad day

Couldn't agree more:

''Application Prior to Publication
7 For the purposes of paragraph 11(2)(a) of the Statutory Instruments Act, these Regulations apply according to their terms before they are published in the Canada Gazette.

Coming into Force
8 These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are made.''

:shock: . Isn't that a bit disturbing?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 12:54 pm 

Pretty sad that they list a website as a variant of the AR15. Talk about incompetent.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 1:56 pm 

i don't know PBs too much by model but i see this includes some rimfire .22 cal ??

new big black rifle bad?
old wood Cooey good?

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:05 pm 

And it's the tip of the iceberg:
https://globalnews.ca/video/6899453/jus ... ownership/

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:37 am 

Petition started by Michelle Rempel https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Peti ... ion=e-2574

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:21 pm 

The law is said to include any 12 bore shotgun with screw-in chokes as with the choke removed,
this converts the 12 bore barrel to a prohibited firearm due to the bore now being larger than 20mm
for that short section of threads. Thus, the 30" bl. on my 12 bore is a prohibited device, I assume.
Lucky the only barrel I use on that gun, is the 24" rifled tube which makes the gun a rifle, not a shotgun.
Unless the law is repealed or re-worded, I may have to dispose of the shot barrel. We shall see.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:46 pm 

Daryl wrote:
The law is said to include any 12 bore shotgun with screw-in chokes as with the choke removed,
this converts the 12 bore barrel to a prohibited firearm due to the bore now being larger than 20mm
for that short section of threads. Thus, the 30" bl. on my 12 bore is a prohibited device, I assume.
Lucky the only barrel I use on that gun, is the 24" rifled tube which makes the gun a rifle, not a shotgun.
Unless the law is repealed or re-worded, I may have to dispose of the shot barrel. We shall see.

When they claw it from your cold, dead hands, Daryl. :drinkers:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:23 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:

I was listening to the radio today and the dj was interviewing a retired police officer who was reacting to the ban on assault style weapons and during the interview basically called for the banning of all pistols- with provisions for legitimate target shooters such as having to store all pistols or firing pins at the range. He also made a comment about airguns stating it's legal to own them in Halifax but you better not try and use them. Not loving that.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:59 pm 

Trevor wrote:
Dukemeister wrote:

I was listening to the radio today and the dj was interviewing a retired police officer who was reacting to the ban on assault style weapons and during the interview basically called for the banning of all pistols- with provisions for legitimate target shooters such as having to store all pistols or firing pins at the range. He also made a comment about airguns stating it's legal to own them in Halifax but you better not try and use them. Not loving that.

Most vocal officers are un educated, and their opinion means squat. Media just picks one that they can spin the liberal agenda. He knows all too well that where the guns are coming. I know because I had media come up to me before and ask to do stories on the military. I knew what they were going to do, I wasn't having it.

Because I know alot of local police. Town, RCMP, HRP, that are gun owners. My buddy department, more than 1/2 the department is effected by this gong show... Central storage doesn't work. Take my club for example. 300+ members. Its a small hunting shack in the mountains, without power, no security cameras. Another 700+ members and a old farm house, sure might be a big more secured, but don't have the room for every members firearms. Then take huge clubs in Ontario with 1000s of members, and probably 3x the amount of guns.

At one part of my life, I had 3 gun cabinets full, and I mean FULL.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:14 pm 

Storage at "centralized" lockups or gun ranges will not work- period. Most gun clubs in Canada do not have full time
range officers who could possibly handle the situation, but who is responsible for the guns and handling of them and
the ammo (when the place is broken into and all are stolen)? Pierre Trudeau's government spot of this and it was shot
down - discarded from the legislation. Even they did not try to make anti-gun legislation law through an order in council.
It is not only highly irregular, it is illegal.
Oh BTW - if a 12 bore has screw-in chokes but they are not for steel shot, it is possible the dimensions of the 'bore' without
the tube installed, will be under 20 mm instead of being over. We checked a friend's shotgun today and it's OK.
Our local rod and gun club has over 1,400 members.
Guess how many guns THEY have? I have no idea, but know I own around 50 & that is a low number compared to some guys I know.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:19 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Storage at "centralized" lockups or gun ranges will not work- period. Most gun clubs in Canada do not have full time
range officers who could possibly handle the situation, but who is responsible for the guns and handling of them and
the ammo (when the place is broken into and all are stolen)? Pierre Trudeau's government spot of this and it was shot
down - discarded from the legislation. Even they did not try to make anti-gun legislation law through an order in council.
It is not only highly irregular, it is illegal.
Oh BTW - if a 12 bore has screw-in chokes but they are not for steel shot, it is possible the dimensions of the 'bore' without
the tube installed, will be under 20 mm instead of being over. We checked a friend's shotgun today and it's OK.
Our local rod and gun club has over 1,400 members.
Guess how many guns THEY have? I have no idea, but know I own around 50 & that is a low number compared to some guys I know.

The 12Ga/10Ga gong show, was a false alarm, they are safe and not included in the ban.

Quote:
Bill Blair
@BillBlair
Earlier today, the @CSSA_CILA
issued a statement alleging that our government is banning 12 and 10 gauge shotguns. This is absolutely incorrect and we will be reaching out to them to correct their misunderstanding. (1/2)

Bill Blair
@BillBlair
·
4h
Replying to
@BillBlair
Both 10 and 12 gauge shotguns are under the 20mm provision, and thus not subject to the prohibition. Our government is taking action to protect Canadians by banning assault-style weapons – not those used for hunting. The truth matters. (2/2)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:30 pm 

Not a gong show - the wording of the "NEW" law is misleading, can be "perhaps" misinterpreted.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:32 pm 

BTW- can you tell me when the last gun crime in Canada was committed with an assault-style weapon?
I haven't seen a list of what the last murderer in NS used. Does anyone know?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next