Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:28 pm 

Trevor if you want more laws for law abiding because what ifs. You should add, drugs, alcohol, cars and other stuff to your list. People die more often because of drinking and driving and the consequences of doing so, than shooting. So ban NSLCs? So if the law was every vech must have a breathalyzer installed, out of your pocket. You would be fine with that. EVEN if you don't drink? The laws for law abiding is enough. You should be advocating against lawyers and the courts to go after criminals.

I'm one of those people you are scared of. Im a advocate for people with PTSD and shooting hobby. I can tell you in my darkest times, I never once thought about grabbing a gun. Sure I punched walls, broken remotes. I was and many are.. Afraid to seek help, because they are afraid that they are going to have what makes them happy taken away. And then many years of Therapy, I realized that HEY, I shouldn't be afraid. It's not a problem. CCFR are not trying to protect the wacko that killed 22 people. They are helping people like ME. That any day the government could indict the red flag laws and strip me of all my firearms. Even though I never threatened anyone, I never threatened my self, I'm law abiding, I don't have a criminal record, I never was arrest ( on file )

You don't have to agree with us. But I feel I know more about people mental status and intentions, than the rest.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:54 pm 

Don't want to get in this discussion, but the comment regarding restricted mags as a disadvantage when competing in the USA makes no sense. When in the USA, use full capacity mags. Either buy them there, or rent them. That's what I did.
(Actually, as soon as word got out that we were Canadians, folks lent us mags for free)
My friend took the practical rifle course with his H-Bar. He didn't even bother to bring mags with him.
This was at Front Sight in Pahrump, Nevada.

Nothing works and I don't know why.

Two lathes and too many projects

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:13 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
CCFR are not trying to protect the wacko that killed 22 people. They are helping people like ME. ..

:idea:

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:39 pm 

ricksplace wrote:
Don't want to get in this discussion, but the comment regarding restricted mags as a disadvantage when competing in the USA makes no sense. When in the USA, use full capacity mags. Either buy them there, or rent them. That's what I did.
(Actually, as soon as word got out that we were Canadians, folks lent us mags for free)
My friend took the practical rifle course with his H-Bar. He didn't even bother to bring mags with him.

I mean the only positive thing about a mag limit in sports. You learn to reload faster.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:51 am 

leadslinger wrote:
ricksplace wrote:

I mean the only positive thing about a mag limit in sports. You learn to reload faster.

Agreed!!!

Nothing works and I don't know why.

Two lathes and too many projects

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:06 pm 

Gun laws only affect law abiding people, period.
If you can be trusted with a gun, it should not matter what kind or how many rounds it holds.
In states that have CCW, they have less crime. In places with near or total gun bans, they have LOTS of crime. See Chicago, NY, Detroit...... the list goes on. For some unknown reason, such places are all run by liberals as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:06 am 

paddyfritz wrote:
If you can be trusted with a gun, it should not matter what kind or how many rounds it holds.
In states that have CCW, they have less crime. In places with near or total gun bans, they have LOTS of crime. See Chicago, NY, Detroit...... the list goes on. For some unknown reason, such places are all run by liberals as well.

But you fail to understand we have a liberal government. They don't care. I don't think you will see CCW in Canada in my lifetime.

Wife last night all upset because NS is proposing a Pitbull ban. Just because of 1 death. And sounds to me like the dogs were too much for her to handle, and she ignored the signs. I was like see, no ease in with say require a muzzle etc.. Nope want full out ban.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:25 am 

leadslinger wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:

But you fail to understand we have a liberal government. They don't care. I don't think you will see CCW in Canada in my lifetime.

Wife last night all upset because NS is proposing a Pitbull ban. Just because of 1 death. And sounds to me like the dogs were too much for her to handle, and she ignored the signs. I was like see, no ease in with say require a muzzle etc.. Nope want full out ban.

Derek Sloan has said he will allow carrying a pistol if elected. I have been told Mackay has said the same, but I have not heard him say that myself. That being said I will not hold my breath that we will see anything but a loss of freedom unless the people decide to take it back.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:15 am 

paddyfritz wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:

Derek Sloan has said he will allow carrying a pistol if elected. I have been told Mackay has said the same, but I have not heard him say that myself. That being said I will not hold my breath that we will see anything but a loss of freedom unless the people decide to take it back.

I heard mixed feelings on Mackay. To being pro gun, to anti gun.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:36 am 

[/quote]

I heard mixed feelings on Mackay. To being pro gun, to anti gun.[/quote]

I don't trust him. Seems like a Liberal calling himself conservative.

The CCFR has done interviews with the other candidates, and they hosted the chat themselves. With Mackay, it was hosted by his political buddies.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:44 am 

paddyfritz wrote:
Gun laws only affect law abiding people, period..

Attachments:
ba.jpg
ba.jpg [ 22.2 KiB | Viewed 577 times ]

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:35 pm 

Trevor wrote:
While I'm all for gun rights, I'm not sure I want open and concealed carry gun rights. I like the fact that we have to store our guns in a locker- that way the kids don't get into them easily. I don't want to see those storage rules taken away. I also like reasonable magazine restrictions. I know they can be circumvented but during times of "passion" if someone has a restricted magazine they're less likely to hurt a large number of people as they didn't have the time to modify the magazine. I know this does nothing for someone who intentionally and premeditatively is setting out to hurt people.

I think Canada's gun laws are strict enough. I don't want to see guns taken away. I just don't want to go to the American extreme and it looks like the CCFR wants Canada to mimic the US's model. Hard decision for me. I like some of what they're doing. I don't want some of what they propose.

That would be your personal choice and prerogative.

Safe storage make sens if there are young kids around that have yet to be educated about the dangers.

Limiting magazine capacity is kind of moot action.
Warfare 101: The only time magazine capacity will have an impact is when you are facing off with another armed individuals
- If you are dealing with unarmed victims, the body-count from a bad-guy armed with a single-shot rifles would be just as high.

Same things goes for open or concealed carry.
- I have yet to get a rational answer as to why I'm start enough, trained enough, calm enough to have to carry a loaded gun on my hip while wearing uniform (to protect myself and others)... But I am somehow not to be trusted while in civilian to protect myself and my family... I'm the same guy.

The US (much like Canada) has a urban-criminal-gang problems...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:24 pm 

sillymike wrote:

That would be your personal choice and prerogative.

Safe storage make sens if there are young kids around that have yet to be educated about the dangers.

Limiting magazine capacity is kind of moot action.
Warfare 101: The only time magazine capacity will have an impact is when you are facing off with another armed individuals
- If you are dealing with unarmed victims, the body-count from a bad-guy armed with a single-shot rifles would be just as high.

Same things goes for open or concealed carry.
- I have yet to get a rational answer as to why I'm start enough, trained enough, calm enough to have to carry a loaded gun on my hip while wearing uniform (to protect myself and others)... But I am somehow not to be trusted while in civilian to protect myself and my family... I'm the same guy.

The US (much like Canada) has a urban-criminal-gang problems...

Same I had a beer while carrying a firearm with 2 13rd mags. I had full autos, machine guns, grenades, rocket launchers. Operated multi million dollar trucks, been shot at. I qualify more then the police. Yet I cannot be trusted civilian side.

I know plenty of police officers. You know what common gun that they confiscate from criminals? Saw off single shot 22s. They're cheap, easy to get, a lot of the older guns have no serial numbers to begin with. They cut them down to pistol size.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:53 pm 

Not so long ago this forum discouraged these kinds of threads, citing forum rules that prohibit posts of a political nature. This thread has frequent allusions to politics. Furthermore, this thread contains posts advocating carrying weapons like handguns for personal safety, which is not permitted in Canada, except in very unusual and uncommon circumstances.

This thread has criticism of the government, which while not necessarily a bad thing, has no place on this airgun forum. It has criticism of laws prohibiting Canadians from carrying concealed weapons, and that has no place in this airgun forum. It has advocacy in favour of Canadians running for positions with a major political party based on their position on allowing concealed weapons to be carried in this country.

What's happening to this forum, where once it discouraged discussion of issues of a political nature? I understand the impulse of gun enthusiasts to bash (or support) a government because it serves as a badge of their enthusiasms. But it has no place in the Canadian Airgun Forum.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:11 am 

Penage Guy wrote:
Not so long ago this forum discouraged these kinds of threads, citing forum rules that prohibit posts of a political nature. This thread has frequent allusions to politics. Furthermore, this thread contains posts advocating carrying weapons like handguns for personal safety, which is not permitted in Canada, except in very unusual and uncommon circumstances.

This thread has criticism of the government, which while not necessarily a bad thing, has no place on this airgun forum. It has criticism of laws prohibiting Canadians from carrying concealed weapons, and that has no place in this airgun forum. It has advocacy in favour of Canadians running for positions with a major political party based on their position on allowing concealed weapons to be carried in this country.

What's happening to this forum, where once it discouraged discussion of issues of a political nature? I understand the impulse of gun enthusiasts to bash (or support) a government because it serves as a badge of their enthusiasms. But it has no place in the Canadian Airgun Forum.

Have to protect/support firearms because if not, they're coming for airguns as well.

Because way it's turning. Won't be anything that slings lead in a few years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next