Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:44 pm 

I have recently found some video from World Field Target Championships held last year in England, I have shared it a public Facebook page so you do not need a Facebook account to watch this...

This video is from Day 3 of the competition, myself and two others were in a 3-way tie for 3rd, 4th & 5th spot overall in the spring gun division. Same conditions with unpredictable wind gusting up to 50mph at times, but now we are shooting in a wide open area with no wind blockage whatsoever.

The shoot-off begins with us shooting the target from a seated position, rules are basic sudden death out of two shots each. We all hit the first and miss the second target, I held over 4" and it was just too much, rimmed the target, missing by about a pellets width... :axe: ...Next round we go to kneeling, this is not shown in the videos, but we all hit the first target and only John Farbrother hits the far target, taking 3rd place. Round 3 we move to standing and stay in that position, starting with near target and then far targets. We went back and forth multiple rounds so the marshall told us to then only shoot at the far target, after jokingly suggesting we would soon have to shoot off of one leg :lol:

I eventually miss one and took 5th place with Leo G from the USA taking 4th place. This was our third day of shooting and about 1.5hr after we completed our third match in these intense conditions. Awesome event and an amazing challenge...

https://www.facebook.com/CanadianAirgun ... ry_reshare

Attachment:
Team Canada Logo - wTEXT.png
Team Canada Logo - wTEXT.png [ 224.81 KiB | Viewed 1702 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:04 pm 

Well done.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:23 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Well done.

Thank you! was a great experience and I felt very lucky to help represent Canada on the global FT stage.

I am really hoping Canada will be able to host the World Championships in coming years, this would be an event worth traveling across the country for as it an amazing experience of shooting FT and you get to meet others from around the world involved in the sport. Also, the host country of the event gets a double allocation of slots for shooters, so we will need to "rally the troops" from all across Canada to fill as many as possible!!! :twisted: