Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:22 pm 

Just received my artemis/snow peak cp1-m pistol today. It came with a magazine and I bought a second one with it. One of them is misindexing. When I try to push the bolt through it strikes some of the black internal plastic scalloping which is not aligned with the hole in the clear plastic cover. Is there anything I can adjust with these? I don't want to go through the hassle of having to send it back for an exchange.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:52 pm 

Also noticed that the rear sight is canted. Strangely enough its' well sighted in but I have to rotate the pistol slightly to line it up. The sight is mostly plastic. Does anyone know of any replacement 11mm dovetail notched sight that can fit on the cp1-m?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:24 pm 

I wonder if the mag is sticking a bit. You can loosen the screw on the clear front plate a half turn, then take a small Allen key and turn in the back adjustment til its tight. This will give more room for the internal gear to turn. Hopefully that works for you.
I have more rear sight parts if something is damaged, and Raman at Canadashootingsupply.ca has as well I'm sure, so you should be able to get whatever part you need by letter mail from either of us. I'm assuming you got it from Raman, his email is sales@canadashootingsupply.ca, and he's a great guy to deal with.
Regards,
Wes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:18 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
I wonder if the mag is sticking a bit. You can loosen the screw on the clear front plate a half turn, then take a small Allen key and turn in the back adjustment til its tight. This will give more room for the internal gear to turn. Hopefully that works for you.
I have more rear sight parts if something is damaged, and Raman at Canadashootingsupply.ca has as well I'm sure, so you should be able to get whatever part you need by letter mail from either of us. I'm assuming you got it from Raman, his email is sales@canadashootingsupply.ca, and he's a great guy to deal with.
Regards,
Wes

I didn't realize that little hole in the magazine was for an allen key! I can get that adjusted. I've played with the sights tonight. Turns out that quite a few screws in the pistol's front and rear sights were loose. Simply snugging them down fixed the rear sight. The front sight was actually loose on the gun. It's put level but I have to go out and get the right sized allen key for that.

I had reached out earlier to Raman and he had offered some help. I could return the pistol- that was an option but for the sake of something simple it seems silly to mail it back. I was going to send it back though- it's too loud to shoot in my back yard. I'm certain the neighbours would call the police. In the end I've decided to join my local range. They have a 10m target range so I'll just shoot this one there. Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:32 am 

Nice! That'll be fun. I found my Cp1-M to be really accurate! Hopefully you'll get the mag working.
Regards,
Wes

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:36 am 

Thanks guys, I too had problems with some of my Artemis mags. After reading your post, I re-adjusted all my mags for proper tightness. I tried them all on my CR600W PCP. Never again having jammed pellets. Even with the longer JSB Straton Jumbo pointy pellets.

通过我的 TAS-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

Benjamin Classic 22
Crosman Optimus
Artemis CR600W PCP
Artemis PP800
Diana Chaser
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:19 pm 

That's great!