Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:10 pm 

I have not seen this issue addressed in either reviews or product descriptions.The question is about magazines that combine a CO2 capsule and the ammo, as is the case with many BB or Airsoft pistols:

Is the CO2 depleted every time you reload ammo? Most such magazines have 15-18 BBs, so that would mean changing the CO2 capsule every time - a lot of extra cost for capsules. Or does the magazine have some kind of stopper so that the CO2 doesn't leak out when reloading?

I'm interested in the KWC Makarov PM Airsoft. It has an integrated magazine - pricey too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:56 pm 

[emoji38] [emoji38] nope nope~ that won't happen~

Although they are combined into one drop out magazine, there are two different segments for the ammo and the co2 capsule.

The co2 usually will be tightened by a big hex screw and penetrated at the valve. And the BBs are loaded into the side slot... (You know our BBs are 4.5mm or 6mm size balls... It's not a 9mm bullet with shell, so it won't take lots of place to store in the mag... )

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:40 pm 

Jbanel wrote:
I have not seen this issue addressed in either reviews or product descriptions.The question is about magazines that combine a CO2 capsule and the ammo, as is the case with many BB or Airsoft pistols:

Is the CO2 depleted every time you reload ammo? Most such magazines have 15-18 BBs, so that would mean changing the CO2 capsule every time - a lot of extra cost for capsules. Or does the magazine have some kind of stopper so that the CO2 doesn't leak out when reloading?

I'm interested in the KWC Makarov PM Airsoft. It has an integrated magazine - pricey too.

These magazine are like a self contained unit. They hold the Co2, BB's and has the valve unit installed. So you won't dump CO2 if you release the magazine. Since you still require a hammer installed on the gun, to strike the valve stem in order to release the Co2.

Illustrate what Ken said.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:55 pm 

Checked my over 2000 air gun photos in my cellphone again and again...then realized I never taken a picture on any of my magazines....

Here are some which I just took of my Glock.... ImageImageImageImageImage

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit