Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:51 pm 

End of last year I did not initiated a gun range membership because I was waiting for my new 25 cal PCP,
beginning of the year I lost three months again waiting for it,
then this virus shot down all public places/clubs/parks,
and now finally I got to a sixth month in this year not able to shoot outdoors.
I don't know would this be a luck because my money would be wasted if I would prepay for the 2020 year....
Now when I am asking around the two shooting ranges in my neighbourhood, they have not open yet also the new memberships are frozen until next.
On other side I live on very edge of my city (Aurora L4G7X4) and the first farmlands starts only five minutes from my house.
Unfortunately I don't know any land owners in person to start openly asking around if they would allow me to setup a shooting line somewhere along borderline of they're property, and kind of shy as well I don't know how to approach them with this question?
What or how shall I ask them?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:53 am 

Just go up and say I'm so in so, and was wondering if you need any help to get rid of gophers if there are any or any little odd jobs, in exchange to do a little air gunning on the edge of your property. Explain that it will be only for yourself, and that you will pack it in and out. Because you are going to need to offer something.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:59 am 

Sometimes telling them that they could join you and give it a try may have real benefits. For one, they would see exactly what you are doing and that you follow all safety rules. The ultimate is that they like it and end up joining you with their own gun eventually. If you have a loaner or are willing to share to start with would be great.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:05 pm 

The Corona Virus kind of eliminates the sharing anything.
It screws up a lot of things.
No gophers in Ontario. They do have invasive starlings, English sparrows, grackles and crows, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:18 am 

bigHUN wrote:
End of last year I did not initiated a gun range membership because I was waiting for my new 25 cal PCP,
beginning of the year I lost three months again waiting for it,
then this virus shot down all public places/clubs/parks,
and now finally I got to a sixth month in this year not able to shoot outdoors.
I don't know would this be a luck because my money would be wasted if I would prepay for the 2020 year....
Now when I am asking around the two shooting ranges in my neighbourhood, they have not open yet also the new memberships are frozen until next.
On other side I live on very edge of my city (Aurora L4G7X4) and the first farmlands starts only five minutes from my house.
Unfortunately I don't know any land owners in person to start openly asking around if they would allow me to setup a shooting line somewhere along borderline of they're property, and kind of shy as well I don't know how to approach them with this question?
What or how shall I ask them?

Chances are he will let you shoot his .223 or .243 for shyt and giggles.