Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:59 pm 

Awesome! This will surely help someone out to work on their 10/22 air rile.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:27 pm 

Would detuning this get more shots per CO2 cartridges? My 1085 gives me well over 100 shots, my 1022 peters out after about 65-70.

I'd love to have a way to boost the shots without reducing fpe any more than it already is.

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:46 pm 

AndyKunz wrote:
Would detuning this get more shots per CO2 cartridges? My 1085 gives me well over 100 shots, my 1022 peters out after about 65-70.

I'd love to have a way to boost the shots without reducing fpe any more than it already is.

Andy

Hi and welcome Andy. Is yours the full power version or the 450 fps one? The non-PAL one is already rather weak, so no, not a good idea to de-tune it more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:40 pm 

Thanks airmec! I don't have one of these but is always cool to see the parts and how they work, thanks for taking the time to show us, and I'm sure someone will appreciate having this reference.

cheers-Matt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:17 pm 

airmec wrote:
Hi and welcome Andy. Is yours the full power version or the 450 fps one? The non-PAL one is already rather weak, so no, not a good idea to de-tune it more.

I'm in the USA so it's full power, which gives me about 550 fps with 10.5gr pellets.

Perhaps valve timing is my problem - that was suggested elsewhere.

And thank you for the welcome.

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:42 pm 

Great post, Francois
(where the heck does that accent go?) :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:45 pm 

Great post, François

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:44 am 

Hi, I'm based in the UK. I found your disassembly guide via an online search and I've joined the forum here just so I can say thanks very much for the help. I took my Ruger out yesterday and when I loaded CO2 it dumped the lot from somewhere up inside the breech. Following your guide I now have it in bits and have identified a suspect bone dry and hard 'o' ring on the pipe coming out of the CO2 housing - new ring on order. Thanks again.

Andy

Hammerli 850 Air Magnum
Umarex Ruger 10/22
RelumTornado
Artemis CP1M
UX SA-10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:39 pm 

Aeromotion wrote:
Hi, I'm based in the UK. I found your disassembly guide via an online search and I've joined the forum here just so I can say thanks very much for the help. I took my Ruger out yesterday and when I loaded CO2 it dumped the lot from somewhere up inside the breech. Following your guide I now have it in bits and have identified a suspect bone dry and hard 'o' ring on the pipe coming out of the CO2 housing - new ring on order. Thanks again.

Andy

Hi and welcome on the forum Andy, hope you like your stay!

You're most welcome, glad this tutorial is of some interest to you. Please let us know how your repair turns out, we don't hear enough about these fine plinkers :drinkers:

François

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:51 am 

Hi François, thanks for the welcome. Suspicion confirmed it was the 'o'ring I'd identified. I measured it as 3mm ID x 1.3 CS.
Replacement in nitrile material cost £0.32 (32p),although I had to buy 12 - minimum order quantity! Rifle back in one piece and working fine again.

I'd only just got my Walther Reign back together a week ago after replacing seals in the regulator. Keeping a close eye on my other airguns!

Cheers, Andy

Attachment:
Culprit2.jpg
Culprit2.jpg [ 108.93 KiB | Viewed 409 times ]

Attachment:
Ring.jpg
Ring.jpg [ 362.8 KiB | Viewed 409 times ]

Hammerli 850 Air Magnum
Umarex Ruger 10/22
RelumTornado
Artemis CP1M
UX SA-10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:40 am 

Hi Andy, glad you sorted it out. And thanks for posting the Oring dimensions (I didn't take note of them), that could come in handy for others.

Maybe you'll find a use for the rest of your Orings, this size seems to be appropriate for a bottle regulator I have. Too bad you're far, I'd gladly buy back a few from you!

Atb,

Francois

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:09 pm 

Hello Airmec,

Just wanted to say thank you for the excellent guide. I have had mine apart a few time now. My goal was to improve the trigger. I polished using #0000 steel wool and it seemed to do the trick for me. I also followed your magazine guide. The only thing I am missing is the recommended trigger spring.

Great job and thank you for taking the time to post!

It is appreciated!