Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:41 pm 

Thanks!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:49 pm 

This tuned FX seems to be doing well at over 100 yard shots.
https://www.airgun101.com/index.php/com ... Itemid=388

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:21 pm 

Daryl wrote:
This tuned FX seems to be doing well at over 100 yard shots.
https://www.airgun101.com/index.php/com ... Itemid=388

Yes, it is doing well, BUT has been hotrodded to 75 ft lb., AND shooting doves is not the same as shooting tiny groups. A dove shot at 100 yards can be off and inch or two in any direction and still take the bird down. (There are many species of doves in South Africa, but the most common size seems to be about a 10 inch body length)

Jim G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:58 pm 

Here's another I found. Sub or at 1/2" regularly at 50 meters.
https://www.airgun101.com/index.php/com ... Itemid=362

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:02 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Here's another I found. Sub or at 1/2" regularly at 50 meters.

Daryl, when I try that link, I get a "page not found" message. I notice that the prefix for the link is "https" versus "http", which indicates secure access. It may be that a subscription is required to access that page.

Jim G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:24 pm 

I don't know about that, could be. The video is on airgun 101 site. I get notifications when there are new air gun videos posted there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:32 pm 

The link is good on my side... Don't copy and paste, just click and let the app or your browser open it ..

I opened it and copied it again to paste here... Maybe you would try again.

Now a days, never open any link without 'https'. You will never know what type of data is sent and received in the background. If it's not a secured connection, just like you shouting your bank account and password on the street... With the encyoted secured connection, you are shouting the same thing but wearing a language changer to cover your mouth, and things get into other's ears just like Mars language used by aliens....

The 's' means the data interchange with the website is encrypted, not only means with subscription etc... In before, it's only the connection contains sensitive data will be with the 's'... Not anymore... Earth is too dangerous now...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:36 pm 

Or you can go to Airgun101's home page and search 'pushing the velocity of .22 pellets' which is the topic of this video...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:19 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Or you can go to Airgun101's home page and search 'pushing the velocity of .22 pellets' which is the topic of this video...

The disadvantage of clikcing on the link here is that you lose THIS page (the link "replaces" this page in my browser), and so have to remember later to go "back" to this one. I keep this one active all the time so I can respond to new postings. But, what I just did was click on the link, then copied the new uRL and pasted it into a different window in my browser, and went "back" in this window to get back here. :D

I'll watch the video now. Thanks!

Jim G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:46 pm 

The video with the .22 FX Impact shooting pellets at 50 yards ar 935 fps IS impressive. Ted fired five 5-shot groups in rapid succession, and the worst one was under half an inch, and the best ones wer 1/4 to 3/8 inch. That translates to under 1 MOA at 100 yards. That does not necessarily occur of course, as pellets behave differently at 100 yards than at 50 yards, but Ted shows one target fired at 100 yards, which was his personal "first 1 moa" at 100 yards with the rifle.

But as I said above, I prefer the appearance of the Daystate Red Wolf over the "industrial" look of the FX Impact, and I think you are getting more quality for the same money with the Daystate.

Interestingly, Ted fired those 50 yard groups at only about 35 ft lb (I think he used 18g pellets at 935 fps). I think that the 35 ft lb would be marginal at 100 yards. Ted does not state what power level he fired the 100 yard group at.

But the Red Wolf has 3 pre-programmed power levels, the strongest of which is 45 ft lb, and that would be sufficient power for either pellets or slugs in .22 caliber. And, with the optional programmer, the Red Wolf can be tuned for more power (just as the Impact can be tuned mechanically versus electronically).

My wife seems to be actually somewhat receptive to the idea of a $3k rifle (Canada) that can be fired for literally just pennies per shot even using SCUBA air and "great quality" ammunition (unlike a firearm rifle), so there is hope . . .

Jim G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:46 pm 

Daystate is bringing out a new Delta Wolf soon. Once she sees the price of that the Red Wolf will be a shoo-in lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:17 pm 

rob g wrote:
Daystate is bringing out a new Delta Wolf soon. Once she sees the price of that the Red Wolf will be a shoo-in lol

What additional features will the Delta Wolf have?

edit: I just read the previews on the Delta Wolf. Sounds VERY capable and adjustable, but not my kind of rifle. The Red Wolf looks better for me overall.

Jim G

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:26 pm 

Hi Jim,

Another persons 2cents for what it’s worth....

We can all agree you are looking for one amazing shooting rifle.

However to ask any one rifle to shoot several different disciplines per say.... tall order.

So have a look at the results of the extreme bench rest completions in the U.S.

This is where the true cream of the crop shows up, and all the different winners are listed with what they use.

But after looking at all the different categories, ie field target, bench rest, etc, typically the winners of one category is usually not using the same rifle as the winners in others.

Case in point, the Mac one rifles are designed by Tim to be a field target rifle. And his rifles have won competitions in the past. Field target plain and simple. Triggers down to the ounces,, barrels tested and tuned for one specific type of pellet. One weight of pellet at a specific and ideal speed to go out the 55 ish yards.
No rotary magazines, single pellet load, very unique breech design. The weight of the hammer strike is adjusted by replacement hammer weights.

So my point of this long winded example, in a way... if you try to excel in too many disciplines with one rifle, you will never win in any.

Tim’s rifles are fantastic for the field target discipline. Can shoot the gonads off a fly at 50 yards . But could never compete in the extreme bench rest out to 100 yards. (Ive spoken with him at length) I have one of his rifles. It’s like an F1 race car.
When all the stars line up, it is very hard to beat. But as you know in order to do that, like your powder burners, (and race cars) you are running on the fine edge of the blade.

I am NO way trying to discourage you. In fact, I encourage you to try and get out and test other people’s rifles if you can. I would have to say most of us love to show off our gear. Find a near by field target completion or club. Go out for a visit. The first time I ever went, members were letting me try their kit.
Anschutz, FWB, HW, some kit was well into the 3G range.

My rifle I grab most often right now to shoot to have fun is my HW100 in.177 it’s almost boring how accurate it is. But only to 50 yard ish. And in perfect conditions.. Typically the longest shot in FT.

But 100 yard,,, I know you said only .22, but IMHO .25 might get you there with a lot more forgiveness.
There are a few excellent companies now making molds for pellets if you want to consider making your own. And some of the molds are such that there is adjustability in the weight of the pellets cast.
That way you can make your own for pennies.
Just a thought. Good luck in your search.

Regards,
KJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:39 am 

pistolero wrote:
if you want to shoot 100 yards, first recommendation is scope mount that is like the FX no limit, as this is capable of the tilt to compensate for the trajectory, as for the rifle itself, you will need meilleurs credits immobiliers rifle that can be adjusted in many different section like hammer spring, transfer port adjustability and adjustable external regulator as much as possible, shooting that .22 pellet will at too much power will make the pellet fly crazy, and shooting below 100 yards, you will need to scale down a lot of adjustment from a 100 yards settings. regular pcp with just one adjustable control will only be good at a certain distance and will not cover the whole range up to 100 yards, as for vendor support here in Canada, can say bec I don't have an expensive gun like FX or Daystate.

i made 5 of these with stuff i had sitting around. they would be to fragile for a hard hitting gun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6