Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: My new plinkers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:01 pm 

It was a joke.
I sometimes have clarity issues with Yep's posts,
But this was crystal clear:
It was a joke.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:26 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
It was a joke.

[emoji38] Sorry about that ~ the reason must be I am ESL ( English Second Language).... Learning hard from my daughter who born in Canada for a long time tho....

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:59 pm 

And to think at 10 years old I would walk down the streets in Kitchener with 177 pellet gun over my shoulder. Cops stopped me one day and asked what I was doing. Said I was going to the park hunting. Cop said you be careful with that and drove off. Kids my age on swings and slides, Me sitting in a 4x4 bush waiting for a bird to land. Never a problem. Oh how times have changed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:13 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
It was a joke.
It was a joke.

Calling a person a suspect, esp a new member, isn't a joke.
Same with Dukemeister allegations by posting a photo, his kids will be taken away. It discourages new members.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
It was a joke.
It was a joke.

Same with Dukemeister allegations by posting a photo, his kids will be taken away. It discourages new members.

Meh, it's the internet. You get all kinds right lol. I am in no way offended by comments of a stranger on a message board nor do I feel they were intended to be so.
But... it is a shame that airgunners see these 'replicas' in such a poor light. Bad enough the (legally owned) real steel versions of these are seeing such scrutiny. Now we see ban on .22lr "sport guns" because they look the part. Soon enough it will be these BB / airguns and then what. Maybe your PCP target rifles will be viewed as too powerful and be next on the list.

Whether it be Firearms, airguns, replicas or otherwise we should be united as one to keep our properties to enjoy.
I am on a waiting list to do my PAL course which are all currently on hold due to pandemic. At this point I fear by the time I get it some of the rifles I want will be prohibited. The Mossberg 715 is already gone, I fear the GSG-15 I have been eyeballing can't be far behind.

We are all here because we enjoy shooting airguns and in many disciplines. I don't think anyone should be looking down upon someone else just because they aren't crazy about how their gear looks or the purpose (safe and legal) they use it for.
My .2c

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:56 pm 

Well said, GG. Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:55 am 

GimpyGolden wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
It was a joke.
It was a joke.

Meh, it's the internet. You get all kinds right lol. I am in no way offended by comments of a stranger on a message board nor do I feel they were intended to be so.
But... it is a shame that airgunners see these 'replicas' in such a poor light. Bad enough the (legally owned) real steel versions of these are seeing such scrutiny. Now we see ban on .22lr "sport guns" because they look the part. Soon enough it will be these BB / airguns and then what. Maybe your PCP target rifles will be viewed as too powerful and be next on the list.

Whether it be Firearms, airguns, replicas or otherwise we should be united as one to keep our properties to enjoy.
I am on a waiting list to do my PAL course which are all currently on hold due to pandemic. At this point I fear by the time I get it some of the rifles I want will be prohibited. The Mossberg 715 is already gone, I fear the GSG-15 I have been eyeballing can't be far behind.

We are all here because we enjoy shooting airguns and in many disciplines. I don't think anyone should be looking down upon someone else just because they aren't crazy about how their gear looks or the purpose (safe and legal) they use it for.
My .2c

I figured out in life, you never go after someone children or family. So I feel that dukes comment wasn't appropriate, in his "goal" to protect the hobby. As a family orientated site, It shouldn't been said. So now is any photo posted, in a safe area, nobody down range etc etc etc...?

I've been saying for years that we need to fight, but airgunners seems to want to stay hidden because they don't want any attention drawn to them ( It's not just in Canada but in the States ) That's how laws get passed silently.

Alot Hunters and shotgunners for years didn't care about supporting sport shooters in the fight, because it didn't effect them. Well when the government went after their bolt actions and shotguns. Was when they finally woke up. Fact alot of hunters don't suppost pistol owner ship because they cannot hunt with them, or ARs.

I said years ago, that we need to join up with the gun lobby groups and protect what we got. Some airgunners seems that because only Conservative Party members that are supporting guns owners, that these gun lobby groups that indorse them are bias.

Oh I know all about being paper criminals. 10/22 mags that the government deemed to fit a pistol, so their for limited to 10rds, the VZ58, AR15, Heck a doctor incite the red flag law and poof. Tens of thousands of dollars be gone. Yes I'm a gun owner, that doesn't hide that I have PTSD. I'm a Liberal's worst nightmare. I'm open, because I know alot of my brothers in arms are afraid to get help, in fear of losing their firearms.

Heck I got a GSG 16, setup as close to a MP5 as I can own. Infact the GSG 5 is a prohib in Canada.