Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:25 pm 

And, if you think $34.99 is too expensive, I think they still have a couple of similar break barrels with wood stocks around at selected stores for $28.39

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8518425e

Not sure what the difference is between the two. Both are Chinese under 500 fps break barrels.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:10 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
And, if you think $34.99 is too expensive, I think they still have a couple of similar break barrels with wood stocks around at selected stores for $28.39

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8518425e

Not sure what the difference is between the two. Both are Chinese under 500 fps break barrels.

I think there was a recent thread that the wood ones, actually have a syn stock.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:57 pm 

I have bought two of these Chinese break barrels with wood stocks from Princess Auto in the $25-$35 range. One about 5 years ago, one about 2 years ago. Both were regular $50. I bought them both on sale.

They look fairly similar, one says 495 fps & other says 450 on the boxes. Not sure if they are the same model or not.

I think PA has had a couple of these types of budget wood stock break barrels for sale over the years. They all look similar.

But not sure if they are the same or different. Anyone know?

Staff at PA once told me that they always try to carry a break barrel like this. Maybe they change suppliers based on price & supply, as they are sold as a "surplus" item.

All I can say is they are great guns for the price. Mine worked perfect right out of the box. It may be an entry level pellet gun, but I still find it fun to shoot. As accurate as any pellet shooter i have, costing 5-10 x the price.

Everyone should have one. Could be as your 1st break barrel, or as a spare, or for the kids, or if you like to tinker. It can cover all the bases, and less than a couple of trips to the coffee shop.

BTW, I find that the Grizzly pellets PA sells, to work the best with them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:59 am 

I have two of these and have found the more you use it the better they shoot. I put some chamber lube down mine even before the first shot,shoots just under 500fps but over if I use RWS hobbies.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:09 am 

Placed an order for that 28$ one, never charged me for shipping ( One shipping estimate said 26$, Another said 9.95, when I actually went thru the check out, it was 0 ) so it was like 32$. Now I wonder if this order would go thru?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:58 am 

from their front page banner...

'..Order online and WE WILL COVER UP TO $100 ON SHIPPING FEES (on minimum $25 order before taxes)..'

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:57 am 

I'm thinking the 28$ Break barrel is sold out. Still haven't got a shipping notice yet. Ordered on the 23rd.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:43 pm 

From reading the reviews on Princess Auto for the $34.99 rifle, it seems like it is random choice, if you get an older inventory wood stock model, or a new inventory synthetic stock one. So if you want one type specifically, maybe request it when you order, or if possible, go down to your local store & see what they have in inventory.

Regarding the $28 model. Since it is a surplus item, it comes & goes. If you see it in-stock & you want it, buy it. As it may not be around next time you look.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

I bought one of these. Received the synthetic stock one. The first shots are very inconsistent due to the excess oil blowing out of it. The rear sight on mine is not straight and not sure if there is a way to fix it since these seem to be tack welded on. Had to shift the front dovetail sight way off to one side for now. Accuracy is about on par with what you are getting Robipaul. Maybe a bit tighter groups but at the shorter distance I was shooting (about 30ft).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:18 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
From reading the reviews on Princess Auto for the $34.99 rifle, it seems like it is random choice, if you get an older inventory wood stock model, or a new inventory synthetic stock one. So if you want one type specifically, maybe request it when you order, or if possible, go down to your local store & see what they have in inventory.

Regarding the $28 model. Since it is a surplus item, it comes & goes. If you see it in-stock & you want it, buy it. As it may not be around next time you look.

Yeah I ordered the 28$ one and it said 1 in stock. But that was on the 23rd, and still not a shipping notice, or a cancelation notice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:34 pm 

I bought a wood stock one last month it's really soft and scuffs easy. Great little shooter once I added a $20 4x20 scope. Out shoots all my crosman and beeman guns. Unbelievable for price. Wish they had the .22 tho. Oh ya clean and tighten everything and then do it again in 20 shots seems to come loose. It shoots so well I'm grabbing another and returning my beeman/marksman thing can't group nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:13 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Pimptasticalone wrote:
I bought a wood stock one last month it's really soft and scuffs easy. Great little shooter once I added a $20 4x20 scope. Out shoots all my crosman and beeman guns. Unbelievable for price. Wish they had the .22 tho. Oh ya clean and tighten everything and then do it again in 20 shots seems to come loose. It shoots so well I'm grabbing another and returning my beeman/marksman thing can't group nothing.

Very nice. I, too, was scouting for a wooden one. Which Princess Auto has the wooden ones?
For the loose screws, I was experiencing the same issue so I applied blue loctite to all screws and it immediately solved the issue. Been several months now and they're still tight as ever.

Air Arms HFT 500
FX Streamline laminate .22
Benjamin Discovery .22 (tuned)
Weihrauch HW30S .177
Weihrauch HW30 MK1 .177
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Crosman 22xx carbine (tuned)
Princess Auto Super Springer Deluxe ($34.99)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:00 pm 

Leather seal ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:37 pm 

Love mine. Under $40, shoots tight groups and a very nice trigger ( almost too nice without a safety but my safety is don’t cock the barrel until time to shoot ).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:57 am 

Oh boy I got the syn. on sale as well and you totally cant go wrong for that price!