Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:47 am 

Attachment:
File comment: Baikal #38
89E99D8B-05CE-4C0B-848A-9AB2207D7F76.jpeg
89E99D8B-05CE-4C0B-848A-9AB2207D7F76.jpeg [ 285.18 KiB | Viewed 883 times ]

Hi all,

Teaching my 6 year old to shoot so I purchased a little BB gun for him to learn. So I pulled out my old Baikal #38 so I could use it with him and eventually pass it on to him.
It’s been in storage for 30 or more years. It could use some TLC. The wood stock looks new as I took good care of my things. However it could probably use a new seal/gasket. Anyone know if there are any replacements? Or will I have to make one? Also is there anything else I should do to it? It works pretty good but I feel it could be better.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:06 am 

welcome to the forum Andrew
not sure if they would have a seal kit but you might want to try Baikal Canada direct
if not i see they have them on e-bay...good luck :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:10 am 

Thanks. I’ll check them out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:26 am 

Attachment:
F6D92A11-62B1-4E37-91F0-D1913DE91D7A.jpeg
F6D92A11-62B1-4E37-91F0-D1913DE91D7A.jpeg [ 464.68 KiB | Viewed 872 times ]

I also found some vintage ammo when I pulled out my Baikal. The ammo from Nurnberg is pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:19 am 

Welcome to the forum, Those Pellet container sure do qualified as a good wall display, put some magnet at the back and stick it to your toolbox or in the garage shop wall, those are definitely memories.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:25 am 

pistolero wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Those Pellet container sure do qualified as a good wall display, put some magnet at the back and stick it to your toolbox or in the garage shop wall, those are definitely memories.

That’s actually a great idea. They still contain pellets though so I’ll have to do a lot more shooting first.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:31 pm 

Welcome to the forum Andrew. I think it's great that you are starting your son out at an early age. He'll hopefully get the safety aspect of the sport ingrained at an early age. :-)

I'm a novice to guns myself, so I'll leave it to the experienced members to answer your maintenance questions. My basic suggestion would be a good clean and lube to go along with the seal change and then see how things feel at that point in time.

Best of luck and I hope your son enjoys shooting as much as I did when I got my BB gun. :-)

Cheers.
Gary