Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:50 pm 

I just wanted to show people what quality work they do. I would send it back, but pissed them off that they cut business ties. So I'm on my own. This was also a LW barrel blank. I paid 200$ for the barrel, 85$ for the install, and about 35-40$ shipping each way.

Took a gun to the range that they installed a barrel on, 12 out of 20 rounds needed to be rammed rod out of the chamber, 2 other brands barely ejected. I only tried like 5rds. Suspected the barrel was issues, because the OEM barrel didn't have nearly as much issues.

But here is the awesome work. No amount of polishing is going to fix it, gouges are too deep to ream out, without having excessive blow by, and I'm not putting a barrel liner in.

Kind of hard to take a picture holding the barrel into the light, and the camera. But you get the idea.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:08 pm 

yikes! what was this barrel and what was it on? that's not cool at all. is there enough length left to re-man the chamber end?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:28 pm 

Wow, truly unprofessional! I once contact them several times via e-mail to have some work done on .22 pistol, never got a reply, that was a red flag for me. Your post makes me glad they didn't reply!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:31 pm 

matt wrote:
yikes! what was this barrel and what was it on? that's not cool at all. is there enough length left to re-man the chamber end?

It's a GSG 16 22LR ( Kind of like a MP5 ) unfortunately it's a 9" barrel. So shortening it anymore, would be like if I cut the barrel less than 18.5" and make it a prohibited firearm. It's okay at 9" because it was manufactured that size.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:38 pm 

Magi wrote:
Wow, truly unprofessional! I once contact them several times via e-mail to have some work done on .22 pistol, never got a reply, that was a red flag for me. Your post makes me glad they didn't reply!

I was bared from business with them. Because I got my gun back from them, noticed that it was missing a screw. Screw that GSG and Blueline Solutions made sure all Canadian customers that ordered the gun, got it. It added some preload on the sear giving it a shorter lighter trigger. The email Dlask sent. Said it caused issues so they removed them all and not tell the customers. They didn't like me telling them ship the screws back to the customers. And it wasn't till a post. That they said the reason. I call malarkey.

I'm thinking the screw didn't make a lick of difference and their reamer is at fault. Because my buddy GSG 9" ( ATI imported ) had the same amount of issues as my 16.5" ( Blue Line Solution Import ) and one had the trigger adjustment screw, his didn't.

So 2 different imported guns, one with the trigger screw, one without, same amount of issues.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:04 pm 

I suggest you change your title for this thread; it implies that this company does "quality work." :?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:16 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
I suggest you change your title for this thread; it implies that this company does "quality work." :?

That's their best quality work.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:50 am 

Someone mentioned that I probably did that with a cleaning rod, trying to remove the stuck spent shells. If that was the case, the gouges would be running the length of the chamber, not around.. And why would I damage a barrel to purposely damage the companies rep after spending 350$? Easier ways of doing it.

Talked to a gunsmith, he said a reamer wouldn't fix it, and a liner couldn't be placed in because the chamber end is too thin, plus cannot set back the barrel and recut the chamber due to the short barrel.

My father also a qualified gunsmith, wants to try and tackle this. But all that can be done is some polishing, and deburring.

They can be rude to customers, but we cannot be rude to them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:03 am 

Was this a warranty issue?
Do you think the importer could get you a barrel?,kelly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:54 am 

Well, that's a disappointment :?
Bought a few things from them over the years and the service and quality was good. Some of the nicest 1911 I've shot was a Dlask custom.

-

I guess you didn't inspect/clean the rifle before taking to the range? Those rings inside the chambers would have been hard to miss
- Don't have a clue what could cause this

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:30 am 

kelly1 wrote:
Was this a warranty issue?
Do you think the importer could get you a barrel?,kelly

I'm barred from doing business with them as said few posts in. Meaning that I'm on my own.

I didn't care much about it since I got my barrel I was happy. Well didn't expect the barrel to be like this.

sillymike wrote:
Well, that's a disappointment :?
Bought a few things from them over the years and the service and quality was good. Some of the nicest 1911 I've shot was a Dlask custom.

-

I guess you didn't inspect/clean the rifle before taking to the range? Those rings inside the chambers would have been hard to miss
- Don't have a clue what could cause this

Not when the barrel is installed on the gun. Can you really see the chamber. It's only when you split the receiver in 2, can you remove the barrel to get a good look. So a few more could be like this, but as long as it functions, seems like they don't care.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:12 am 

They reconsidered and taking pride in their work. They going to honor the warranty and told me to call the shop. It was a awkward tail behind my leg call. But I'll be happy with a working firearm, and water under the bridge.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:23 pm 

Well good news is, I got the rifle back 2 days ago.. Put 200rds thru it, and runs flawless. The chamber looks as it should.

Been working on modifying the MP5 sight to shoot true.. Been slowly filing down the rear drum. I got it down to 3" high at 25M, so took more off, to get another full rotation on the drum, so should zero now.