Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:34 am 

Hey everyone! I have fully put my foot in the “upgrade that old pellet gun” door and I have some questions

As of 2 days ago I took my step brothers crossman Optimus that has never been sited in, never put away etc, and decided I wanted to have some fun with it and turn up the power a bit.

Took the trigger box fully apart the first time “OOPS” so after reassembling that completely by trial and error for part placement (no one has videos of this part that I could find)
-I did lighten the trigger quite a bit.

When I finally figured out that the pin at the rear of the chamber was FREE and easily popped out upon being tapped, that’s nice.

So I got the spring, heated it up and gave it a couple good tugs.

1/2 inch plywood now doesn’t even get noticed when before it was bouncing off, I’m using those flat head pellets in this test.

Today I bought the same gun and did the same thing for my girlfriend XD but I’m just getting started, this is fun and I have 2 huge pieces of preoperty to plunk on.

My main goal is to get some sound opinions on springs I can buy for the Optimus that are around 1000fps, ideally I want to buy enough supplies to mod a few rifles or the same one over several years.

Sorry for a bouncy start, I feel all over the place haha. I’ve got tons of questions but mainly springs, but if anyone has any additional info, tips, interesting parts, fun projects, I’m super interested.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:07 am 

Hi and welcome. Sorry to start with a boring question, but do you have your PAL (firearm license)? This is mandatory if you have or modify an airgun to shoot over 500 fps/4.2 fpe. A chronograph is most useful when ''playing'' with power/velocity.

I hear you on the Crosman Optimus, I have one and love it. The most beautiful wood stock of the Crosman/Benjamin springers line-up IMO. Easy to repair and to work on, and spare parts readily available through Gravel Agency/Crosman Canada: https://crosman.ca/cen/replacement-part ... osman.html

Have fun and STAY SAFE :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:10 am 

You want part number...B18-00-4D...full power spring fits other Crosmans also...Order from Crosman.ca...currently in stock...$14.56

P.S.....order 3 springs for various projects and get free shipping to your door