Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:45 am 

Submitted my application in January...

Called RCMP 2 weeks ago and was informed my application had been processed and passed to the printing factory for some while...

And finally found this thin envelope from RCMP in my mail box too when I received the delivery notice of my PA order and went downstairs......

:drinkers: Image

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine
Camo Chaser long barrel carbine
PP700SA long barrel carbine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:56 am 

Congrats!! Woo hoo! Going to treat yourself to something pal rated today? I think you deserve it!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:02 pm 

[emoji38] [emoji38]

A SIG P210 9MM target pistol?! Just kidding and a little far away about that...

I was worry about when Travis restocks his ProSports, I didn't get my license... And now, looks I am all prepared and just waiting for the new shipment arrives in AGS...

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:04 pm 

Yayyy YepYep! Now you can buy all kinds of new stuff - I see the Prosport is next?

Duke ))))----//----------==

HW97K .22
Hatsan AT44-10W .22
Cometa Fusion Premiere Star .22 /.177

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:13 pm 

Yes, Thanks to many good mates here share the knowledge and experience to me and let me make up my mind on a 177 FAC version with a 12fpe kit on side...

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:20 pm 

YES-- way ta go yep. well you might as well sell that slooooow outdated old hw 30s now. it,ll probly just sit in a corner and collect dust while your,e shooting all your new fangled pal guns.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:41 pm 

Congrats on receiving your PAL - it will open all sorts of options for you on new "tack driving tools".

Just a heads up from an old timer - make a habit/special note to check the expiry date every year prior to your birthday. It is totally up to you to renew prior to the expiry date as you will receive no renewal notice to remind you to do so.

Stay safe & good shooting.

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:45 pm 

pete wrote:
YES-- way ta go yep. well you might as well sell that slooooow outdated old hw 30s now. it,ll probly just sit in a corner and collect dust while your,e shooting all your new fangled pal guns.
No no nope~ I love my 30s very much and according to where I can shoot, I doubt the new comer into my collection would probably take some time before I can really enjoy it somewhere else~ [emoji38]

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:00 pm 

Erie-Eyes wrote:
Congrats on receiving your PAL - it will open all sorts of options for you on new "tack driving tools".

Just a heads up from an old timer - make a habit/special note to check the expiry date every year prior to your birthday. It is totally up to you to renew prior to the expiry date as you will receive no renewal notice to remind you to do so.

Bill
Thanks for the reminding Sir~

Before I reaching some real human when I calling RCMP, the recordings lead me to the new website that I can use the same info I use on my taxing and other government service, I can access RCMP and my firearm service too!

I heard ppl did use online self check out to review their PAL already, I believe 5 years later, maybe it can use your bank info in the account to auto renew your license?! [emoji38] looking forward for that happens.... ( Anyway, I added that in my Google Calendar already ~ no chance to miss then~ )

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:57 pm 

YepYep wrote:
pete wrote:
No no nope~ I love my 30s very much and according to where I can shoot, I doubt the new comer into my collection would probably take some time before I can really enjoy it somewhere else~ [emoji38]

lol. just kiddin. yep. i knew what your response was going to be before i even typed that out. congratulations and way to go. make sure you give us some nice pictures of whatever you buy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:05 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Erie-Eyes wrote:

Bill
Thanks for the reminding Sir~

Before I reaching some real human when I calling RCMP, the recordings lead me to the new website that I can use the same info I use on my taxing and other government service, I can access RCMP and my firearm service too!

I heard ppl did use online self check out to review their PAL already, I believe 5 years later, maybe it can use your bank info in the account to auto renew your license?! [emoji38] looking forward for that happens.... ( Anyway, I added that in my Google Calendar already ~ no chance to miss then~ )

Congrats

I'm on PAL #.0004, it doesn't auto renew, kind of wish it did. My CFO just got email like a year ago.. Expires every 5 years on your birthday. You may get a noticed that it will expire in 6 months, you may not. Seems to be hit or miss. Next time you renew, you can do it online. I tried it last time. I renewed early in March and got it in my hands in 12 days. Way easier. With me doing just a selfie against a white door, nothing fancy for my photo. Previous, I did the whole mail in 5 months prior to expiring, going into a shoppers and getting a proper photo, and I got it 3 weeks after it expired. I haven't forgot yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:06 pm 

pete wrote:
Make sure you give us some nice pictures of whatever you buy.

That's for sure and a must~ I like taking photos and that became too convenient with the new cellphones now~

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:13 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Congrats

I'm on PAL #.0004, it doesn't auto renew, kind of wish it did. My CFO just got email like a year ago.. Expires every 5 years on your birthday. You may get a noticed that it will expire in 6 months, you may not. Seems to be hit or miss. Next time you renew, you can do it online. I tried it last time. I renewed early in March and got it in my hands in 12 days. Way easier. With me doing just a selfie against a white door, nothing fancy for my photo. Previous, I did the whole mail in 5 months prior to expiring, going into a shoppers and getting a proper photo, and I got it 3 weeks after it expired. I haven't forgot yet.

Now I know what the #0001 means on my PAL number ~ do we need 4 digits for renews on every 5 years?? [emoji38]

Yeah, looks the new process have been on for some time and runs well... My photo was a selfie against a wall in my house too...

However as I need signatures to prove my photos, I had to printed it out from the Walmart photo center... It's easy as I used that self-service kiosks a lot to print photos that I got their Bluetooth station names registered in my cellphone already...

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:26 pm 

YepYep wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Congrats

Now I know what the #0001 means on my PAL number ~ do we need 4 digits for renews on every 5 years?? [emoji38]

Yeah, looks the new process have been on for some time and runs well... My photo was a selfie against a wall in my house too...

However as I need signatures to prove my photos, I had to printed it out from the Walmart photo center... It's easy as I used that self-service kiosks a lot to print photos that I got their Bluetooth station names registered in my cellphone already...

Its just the card issue number. I have a .004, because I've been issued 4 PALs since getting my license. But doesn't mean that I had one for 20 years. Well in my case it does.

Say if someone just goes for their Non Restricted, they will just get a .001, but then upgrades to their Rpal, they will get a .002, if they make a spelling mistake, It would be .003. Since a 3rd to that person would be issued one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:01 pm 

Nice to know ~

If I need to fill out forms (like buying PAL rated rifle online), Do I need to input the issue number too?

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine