Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: beeman p17 o - ring.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:03 pm 

hi guys. my p-17 is losing air. shoots great right away but maybe 10 minutes later just has enough to barely shoot the pellet out. i,ve had it for a couple years now. i,m assuming it will be the main piston o-ring from what i,ve heard and researched. is there a special place to get one. i have a youngs automotive near me. if i brought the o-ring in there with me i imagine they would be able to fix me up. is there a certain number thanks for any help.

Post subject: Re: beeman p17 o - ring.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:11 pm 
Site Moderator

My P17 had the typical seal issues that cost about $2 to fix. The piston and breech seals sometimes wear out but the original valve seal usually lasts for a while. There are actually two seals on the valve... one on the stem tip and one on the body. The sizes for the four nitrile P17 o-ring seals are: 006, 008, 009, & 116. Sometimes guys will use a 117 on the piston. A 70 durometer hardness is cheap and works fine for all the seals. Check with your local hydraulics shops. Seals are cheap so at least get a few piston seals and breech seals.

Nitrile o-rings
006 - valve stem seal
008 - valve body seal
009 - breech seal
116 - piston seal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:58 pm 
Supporting Members

Did you try a drop of pelgun oil in the air chamber yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:11 pm 

TCooper wrote:
My P17 had the typical seal issues that cost about $2 to fix. The piston and breech seals sometimes wear out but the original valve seal usually lasts for a while. There are actually two seals on the valve... one on the stem tip and one on the body. The sizes for the four nitrile P17 o-ring seals are: 006, 008, 009, & 116. Sometimes guys will use a 117 on the piston. A 70 durometer hardness is cheap and works fine for all the seals. Check with your local hydraulics shops. Seals are cheap so at least get a few piston seals and breech seals.

Nitrile o-rings
006 - valve stem seal
008 - valve body seal
009 - breech seal
116 - piston seal

thanks T.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:15 pm 

notec wrote:
Did you try a drop of pelgun oil in the air chamber yet?

no. i just noticed it doing this yesterday. i haven,t had a chance to look at it. i assumed that it might be that little metal burr that everyone talks about. i watched a few videos on how to replace the rubber. i,m going to open it up when i get a chance. if the rubbers ok. i,ll put some oil in it. thanks notec.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:48 pm 

Hi Pete ~ whem you have the chance to pull the poston stem out,.check the tube with your finger tip for the burrs and use fine sanding paper to polish the burrs before you putting back the new rubber and the stem in... That will help and should eliminate similars happen again~

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:36 am 

up and shooting. i got it apart and cleaned all of the gunk and everything else off of it. the o-rings seemed fine. put a bit of oil in it. i cocked it and wen,t up town to do some shopping . i was gone for about an hour . when i got back i squeezed the trigger and the air was still in it and it worked perfectly. thanks for all the help guys.