Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: FX radar issues.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:59 pm 

So today I decided to take my FX radar to the range. I set up my target at 25M. I was using 22LR and 9mm under 1300 FPS. But for some reason I could not get it to register a shot. Tried different positions, nadda.

Took it home and tried it in my basement range with my airgun, and registered no issue.

Is there a way of making sure its aligned when sitting on a tripod?

Post subject: Re: FX radar issues.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:26 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
So today I decided to take my FX radar to the range. I set up my target at 25M. I was using 22LR and 9mm under 1300 FPS. But for some reason I could not get it to register a shot. Tried different positions, nadda.

Took it home and tried it in my basement range with my airgun, and registered no issue.

AGS has the new plastic fixture now! I believe they will send it to their customers with older units.

通过我的 TAS-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:22 pm 

tom_ke888 wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

AGS has the new plastic fixture now! I believe they will send it to their customers with older units.

通过我的 TAS-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

I have it. But doesn't do me anygood with a pistol. So why I use it on a tripod.

And I'm not sure if its recoil sensitive. So dont want to mount it on the accessory rail.

But even with my 22LR rifle muzzle over it didn't work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:10 pm 

Did you update the app recently?

In the last time I used it, I suddenly noticed it can read the slower motion above it when I went pass it to reset the target and let me find out why there's a strange reading in my previous session...

However this finding may not help with your powder burners as they're shooting too fast?! Just thinking the software in the cellphone maybe develop / affect the usage of the hardware on the FX radar chrony.... It's auto updated in my cellphone and from time to time I noticed some new changes....

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:29 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Did you update the app recently?

In the last time I used it, I suddenly noticed it can read the slower motion above it when I went pass it to reset the target and let me find out why there's a strange reading in my previous session...

However this finding may not help with your powder burners as they're shooting too fast?! Just thinking the software in the cellphone maybe develop / affect the usage of the hardware on the FX radar chrony.... It's auto updated in my cellphone and from time to time I noticed some new changes....

Well I bought the FX radar April 17, so by time I got it, I would have the recent April 28 update.

Well I was shooting 22LR that was sub sonic. Should be around 800 FPS, and only got like 2 to register out of 20 rounds. The 9mm should be running between 1080 FPS to 1100 FPS. And did register 3 shots at 1080 ish, 1100, 1107 FPS.

FX says on their website that its good up to 1300 FPS, now their update says 1100. But the fact that it registered some over 1100, I say that 22LR or 9mm is within the limit. So I think the problem is the alignment.

Maybe the shooting bench is lower then the target, and the bubble for the radar not picking it up? This is the first time using it for other than airguns, or not in my basement. Also I don't know if it recoil sensitive, or I'd run it on my accessory rail of my CZ..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:30 pm 

Hmm, Apr 28 should be the latest one.... At the beginning, I tried it with my blowback BB guns and looks it wouldn't register anything... However I didn't give it a try after then...

Looks the smoke from the powder burner should not affect the radar wave... Give it an one star rating with saying it won't read with powder burners and see if someone (from FX) would show up to answer it??

And attach it to the rail of a pistol..... Is the unit itself can stand the recoil not broken up?

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:43 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Hmm, Apr 28 should be the latest one.... At the beginning, I tried it with my blowback BB guns and looks it wouldn't register anything... However I didn't give it a try after then...

Looks the smoke from the powder burner should not affect the radar wave... Give it an one star rating with saying it won't read with powder burners and see if someone (from FX) would show up to answer it??

And attach it to the rail of a pistol..... Is the unit itself can stand the recoil not broken up?

Co2 puffs shouldn't effect it. Because ran it with my Crosman 357s and my Crosman 150.

Ill try it out another day, with some fresh batteries, put a laser on the tripod and see if I can get it inline with the target better.

Yeah there is these. Just not sure if the circuits boards and internals could handle the recoil of my 9mm.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:19 am 

I also thought that a laser mounted in the center would be a huge improvement. To ensure that the chrony is lined up with the target.

I kind of use the notch on the top as a sight. But rather something little more precise than 2 fingers up in the air and good enough.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:30 pm 

Tried it at the range again, with a higher tripod. So to be more inline with the target. Still wouldn't register with 9mm. I know when I chrony these loads with my F1, it was around 1080 FPS.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:16 am 

Do you have the settings correct? There's also a setting to increase the sensitivity, have you messed with that?

If its not setup for the right speed and such, it sometimes misses shots. I have yet to try it on powder burners just yet, it works on all the airrifles... even over 1000 fps

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:20 am 

replicacanada wrote:
Do you have the settings correct? There's also a setting to increase the sensitivity, have you messed with that?

If its not setup for the right speed and such, it sometimes misses shots. I have yet to try it on powder burners just yet, it works on all the airrifles... even over 1000 fps

Yes I had it set correctly ( High Power Airguns ) It's flawless with airguns ( CO2 )

Twice I had it out at the range with 22LR with subsonic ammo, and 9mm under 1100 FPS, and it barely registered. I think it only registered 3rds of 20rds of 22LR ( Under 800 FPS ) and 2 out of 50 with 9mm. Trying different sensitivity, locations etc.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:40 am 

Just read another post not related with anything here but mentioned the powder burners when firing, actually lots of small particles was blown out together with the bullet... I think those tiny smoke like particles affected the Chrony to catch the bullet...

~Target~

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:20 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Just read another post not related with anything here but mentioned the powder burners when firing, actually lots of small particles was blown out together with the bullet... I think those tiny smoke like particles affected the Chrony to catch the bullet...

Thought about that. But seen it used with 22LR and 45ACP.